Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Eyeglasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U Gucci u c c
    Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
      I ordered them. *gulp* I got these: http://www.warbyparker.com/women/opt...amber-tortoise

I think the Zooey Deschanel comment helped push me into embracing the plastic frame look, because she rocks the tortoiseshells I saw on Google image search. That, and DD you look awesome in your FB profile pic. DH helped me decide among my five try-on pairs, and after his first rude remarks about how nerdish they looked, he was quite useful in his feedback. I think I'm going to like them! Now I just have to scan in my prescription and I'm good to go...
      Those are great! I hope you enjoy them!
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

856792_526141694072834_529228432_o.jpg

Comment

I've been wearing glasses on and off since I was a child. My last pair of glasses are the now popular plastic frames and I've had them since 2007. I've been thinking that it's time for me to get new glasses so I asked around to some of my friends who have glasses I like.

My friends in Austin told me about this website online where they get the cutest glasses with prescription lens for $12. I thought it was just an unreal price because it's always runs me into the hundreds, but they said they learned about it from a guy on the radio that tells you how to save money. They've had success with multiple pairs of eye glasses. Then I found out my Mom learned about it from the same friends in Austin and tried it and also had success with getting multiple pairs of cheap glasses. She says they ship from China and arrive in about two weeks.

I checked the website out and it looks like you can upload a photo of yourself and virtually try on their glasses to see how the style looks on your face. Now I just have to find a place to get my eyes checked for near to nothing and remember to ask the PD -Pupillary Distance. My Mom said go ahead and tell them I'm going to order my glasses online and they will help you get the right information for ordering online.

The website is called Zenni Optical

Anyone else tried it? There are tons of youtube videos reviewing Zenni optical online that inform you about the website and explain how to order your glasses. I watched a few of them and one lady tells you to go ahead and pay the extra money for the scratch resistant because it's so worth it. Also shipping and handling isn't outrageous either at less than $5.

I'll let you all know how it goes after I get an eye exam and order my glasses.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Cinderella, are you still around? I'm wondering if you ever went through with the Zenni optical purchase. My brother recently told me about them, and I have to admit that the prices are tempting. He said they were decent quality. I might give them a try. Anyone else ever heard of them?
            Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I've gotten 2 pairs from Zenni. Last year after getting a pro eye exam and Rx, (and ordering a primary pair of glasses from the Dr. with that Rx) I bought a second pair on Zenni. My everyday pair is really chunky (Ray-Bans) and I wanted a more conservative pair as well as a backup. I'm happy with the ones I got. I would just be super-picky, look carefully at the pictures of the frames, and upload a picture of yourself to do the "virtual try-on". I don't remember what their satisfaction guarantee/return policy was, but I would just be prepared to eat the $30 if you're not happy... it's a little risky but it can work out.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm about to try http://coastal.com which let's you try before you buy...I tried another company (goggles4u), they made me dizzy and I had to eat what I paid for shipping (it was one free pair). DH's regular glasses from there worked great but not his sunglasses...

Comment

Thanks! I like the idea of being able to try them on before buying, particularly if they are more expensive.
                  Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Dh has warby Parker too. Some stores carry them so you can try them on.
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Sad day. None of those links worked for some reason. I love my glasses but its time for a change. Hoping to hit up my FIL for some freebies when I'm on FL next month

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X