Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mother's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day

What are you getting for your mom? For you mother-in-law? Wishing for for yourself?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I got my mom new pjs. We went shopping for them together. She was thrilled. Haven't figured out the rest.

ETA: Id like to sleep for longer than 2.5 hours. I haven't done that since E was born. Even if someone is going to give him a bottle my boobs wake me. That would be a great gift.
    Last edited by L.Jane; 05-02-2014, 04:54 PM.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Gosh, that is coming up. I'll probably send my mother and my mother in law flowers. As for me, my oldest will be home from college for the summer, so that is the best mother's day present ever. (And probably my only one to be honest. We don't do a big deal for that.)

Comment

We are not good gift givers. I got MIL a pie bird thing (it lets the steam out) and pie book. She likes birds and it looks cool and functional. My mom is getting a gift certificate to Applebee's. I hate that restaurant but she loves it. Dh doesn't get me anything but we will go to breakfast at a local diner we really like. We are both already looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
          I got my mom new pjs. We went shopping for them together. She was thrilled. Haven't figured out the rest.
          Oh, this reminds me, JCPenney was having a big sale on sleepwear on line today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

My mom is getting my brother's wedding this year. Didn't have any big plans other than that.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

My sister wanted to get a painting of my mom's dogs, so I agreed to split that with her. Not sure about MIL yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I don't know if DH even knows what month Mother's Day is in (or what month it currently is, for that matter). I'll send flowers to our moms and Grandma.
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Taking her and my aunt out for lunch but haven't figured the rest out yet. Is it wrong to get her a card and cash?

Comment

Mother's Day

I got my mom Meyer lemon tree she already knows about. I forcefully reminded my Dad to order this awesome wreath of succulents that my mom said she wanted. I wanted to update MILs IPhone case to one with pics of both grand kids.
                    She loves the other one. I may be too late though.

I want an orchid and to sleep in. I've uhhh spent a lot in myself lately so I don't really need a bigger gift than that. But I would like to not have to cook a meal or something like that
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

oh my gosh people give gifts on mothers day?? 5/10 is also my moms birthday but frankly...shes just not good at holidays and doesnt care if we're not either. my MIL on the other hand...sent us a card and gift for freaking easter. wonder if i disappoint every time i dont send her something on a holiday like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a Nissan NVP!!! A much bigger Mother's Day present than usual
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Mother's Day

My mom won't allow us to get her anything this year since we paid for her dog's emergency vet care last week and are helping her pay off some large-ish bills.

I'm not getting shit for my MIL or the step-MIL. Not my circus, not my monkeys. That's DH's gig if he wants it.

Comment

We don't do gifts although I will be with my step mother next weekend. 100% positive DH has forgotten.

Also, this is def why Mother's Day comes first so you don't make a big deal on Father's Day and then get nothing.
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

No idea, all of our parents are getting to be impossible to buy for. DH is on call next weekend so I don't even know what the kids and I are going to do. My mom has invited us to her house and I find out my dad is working too so we should go so she's not alone but that is what we did last year because DH was also working and MIL will feel left out, again! We saw the ILs last night and I'm surprised it didn't come up, I'm sure it will when we see them today...UGH! As for myself I told my DH I'm picking out a new purse, the Coach one I've been carrying for almost two years is starting to show its age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X