Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mother's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry Kris. Your family should have stepped up. Big hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought this was interesting:
      The woman who started Mother's Day wanted to also end it.
      http://m.theatlantic.com/sexes/archi...we-all/275763/

Comment

It isn't do much that my mom didn't step up per se. It is that she didn't step up, but holds me to a much higher expectation of a great gift and deference. That's what irks me.

Although I did get a text from the ex's mom and sister.
        Kris

Comment

DH forgot, my first one too He was working this morning but is home now. I'll have to tell him so he at least calls MIL. Wishing you all a happy Mother's Day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Mother's Day at JFK. Absolutely hellish. Also- just dropped an extra spicy chex down my shirt and about 60 people watched me dig... I don't even care! Haha
            sigpic
            buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

DH was a little grumpy today, but he procured mimosas and roses. And most importantly agreed to go up to see the house that my parents are building tonight (not his fav activity), so he did okay

Funny story--he dragged both kids to Kroger this morning while I slept in and they wouldn't sell him the champagne because it was 11:30 am. (They wont sell it in Texas before noon) Stupid Texas laws!!!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm that asshole mom who likes to be away from the children and DH for Mother's Day. I took DH's two seater convertible and got a mani/pedi and browsed the bookstore, while he took the kids bike riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                  I'm that asshole mom who likes to be away from the children and DH for Mother's Day. I took DH's two seater convertible and got a mani/pedi and browsed the bookstore, while he took the kids bike riding.

Right there with you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

The most disastrous trip to NYC ever is OVER and I'm home (at least until Friday when we go to the next wedding, by car, thank God). That was hell.

Oh and DH and the kids made an adorable craft of handprints.
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

My mom FINALLY said "Happy Mother's Day" at 6:30. After being at her house for 5 hours. I am over it. And, every year I try really hard to get great gifts on a budget. And not a fucking thing in return.
                      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                        My mom FINALLY said "Happy Mother's Day" at 6:30. After being at her house for 5 hours. I am over it. And, every year I try really hard to get great gifts on a budget. And not a fucking thing in return.
                        Don't get her anything. Really. Who cares if she pitches a fit.
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I had a nice Mothers Day. My DH scheduled himself to work so it was the girls and me. My 12 yo got her friends mom to drive her to the store to buy flowers and gifts. She is so sweet. We went to the park and swimming in our backyard. Two neighborhood kids joined us because their parents were separating today. It was me and 6 kids, but it was a blast.
                          Needs

Comment

Mother's Day we were actually with my family that weekend. Church service was expected very sweet, and I cried the whole time! The church gave all us moms a small bunch of pink carnations.

I got a lovely card on Mother's Day from DH... I put cards up on the mantel for a while then save them away in special box. Then when we returned back home on Monday my gift was waiting for me. He went with the first requested gift- a new vacuum for hardwoods! 10 months without a vacuum was long enough! lol!! Maybe I'll get the deluxe picnic basket as a gift for when DD2 is born this summer.

HoW I'm just surprised the kids' school didn't do a thing. Is this what's happened to public schools?? Very sad. Your mom has no excuse. I'd stop making such a big effort for her next year.
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                            X