Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dumb fashion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only person who has a hard time pulling off leggings + long tunic? Maybe because I'm short or because my hips are super wide, it's so unflattering on me. 😫 The only time it looks ok on me is during pregnancy.

Comment

My legs are so muscular, I don't think leggings are flattering on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I have a hard time pulling this off, even though I am tall, due to having short (relatively speaking), muscular legs and a long torso. Tunics are rarely long enough. But it is really comfortable when I can find pieces that work proportionately!

Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Yeah, I hear you. I'm short (5'0) and have a long torso/short legs for someone my height. It's a great combo...

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            Yeah, I hear you. I'm short (5'0) and have a long torso/short legs for someone my height. It's a great combo...

I'm almost 5'8, but have the legs of a much shorter woman. 😜 I am also busty, which uses up material in tops that could otherwise contribute to length. I have never worn a top with a peplum b/c they never hit at the right place and they look ridiculous. I order talls in tops when I can, but if they are long sleeved, the sleeves are too long. 😕

Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Am I the only person who has a hard time pulling off leggings + long tunic? Maybe because I'm short or because my hips are super wide, it's so unflattering on me. �� The only time it looks ok on me is during pregnancy.

Mostly it's just comfy. And if you choose the right shirt, it's great for those of us that are taller and are dealing with "mummy tummy"
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You do you but personally I think real muscle tone on women is gorgeous. Not Gal Gadot but someone like Celia Gabbiani. Strong legs are pretty impressive.

My legs are so muscular, I don't think leggings are flattering on me.

Comment

Haha, that's what women without muscular legs always say! It's like curly vs straight hair.

I think everyone has features they're more or less comfortable emphasizing. I'm finally FINALLY getting comfortable with skinny jeans like 8 years after they became popular. I'm a slow learner...

Comment

Haha, that's what women without muscular legs always say! It's like curly vs straight hair.

I think everyone has features they're more or less comfortable emphasizing. I'm finally FINALLY getting comfortable with skinny jeans like 8 years after they became popular. I'm a slow learner...

I have matchstick legs and I've let the skinny jeans trend pass me by. All 10 years of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Unfortunately you're saying that to thunder thighs 🤣

I didn't even know the tunic thing was a trend. I thought I was being unique....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=4422]MAPPLEBUM[/MENTION] we are built very similarly. I'm trying to embrace the thunder thighs myself
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                          [MENTION=4422]MAPPLEBUM[/MENTION] we are built very similarly. I'm trying to embrace the thunder thighs myself
                          I'm still self conscious wearing shorts but that's because of cellulite. I have to say lifting heavy things has worked wonders on my self esteem. I still balk when I see pictures of myself but other than that am really embracing this whole strong woman thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                            I'm still self conscious wearing shorts but that's because of cellulite. I have to say lifting heavy things has worked wonders on my self esteem. I still balk when I see pictures of myself but other than that am really embracing this whole strong woman thing.

Personally I like to tell myself that it's not that my thighs are big, it's that my calves are small
                            I also could not bring myself to wear shorts this year... couldn't even dare to try any on. Definitely need to get with your lifting program. I miss my leg muscles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Grace

Comment

I'd go black or nude bra, with straps. I love the first top and I think your legs are bangin'! How do you like the EltaMD moisturizer? I've been thinking of switching my daily sunscreen up.

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                                I'd go black or nude bra, with straps. I love the first top and I think your legs are bangin'! How do you like the EltaMD moisturizer? I've been thinking of switching my daily sunscreen up.
                                Love the moisturizer. Goes on smoothly and doesn't feel sticky or heavy under makeup. They have for multiple skin types too.

Comment

Working...
                                X