Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you read all the threads???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you read all the threads???

I know it's a silly question, but...do you read all of the threads? I'm talking even-the-Secret-Santa-ones-and-you-aren't-playing all. We're a real chatty bunch some days...and it would take some dedication! Or do you read many, many threads, and follow all the blogs. Maybe you just read a select few blogs and most threads?

So indulge my silliness! Vote!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

I read almost everything, and some days absolutely everything. You never know what you might miss if you don't!

Occasionally, I miss a thread, and I hate it when I do that, but most of the time, I read it all.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Sadly I have a compulsion - I cannot leave a thread "unread". Occasionally I just choose the "mark all threads read" if I know that I really have no interest or the content will likely annoy me. :!

Comment

I read practically everything I have access too. This site is SO addictive. Plus, I am dying to reach my magic 50 posts and I read every thread in the hopes I'll have something to contribute.

Comment

Sadly...no. I try to scan hyper-active threads in case there's a flame war going on that needs shutting down. :> Otherwise, I just read the topics that I feel I can contribute something to - but I do check on the blogs when I have some time to sit down and read awhile.

I check in here when I check my email -5 times a day - and hit check unread threads to scan new posts.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I definitely used to, but in the past three months or so I've had to cry uncle. Now even if I'm not going to read a thread I'll usually still skim it to make sure it hasn't been hijacked onto a topic I feel compelled to put my two cents in on. This is the first time there's been threads I don't open at all, though. Feels like a big change to me!
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

No. I just can't keep up. This is why I come off sounding like an idiot occasionally when it comes out that I have missed a major event. Like, ah, when did Nellie say she was preggos? (Totally kidding, I was on THAT one). But I have stuck my foot in mouth because of my attempt to power read.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm WHAT? -

Comment

Honestly, can you imagine being one of those women who didn't know that they were knocked up until the baby started to crown? Holy moly.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Definitely a power reader who doesn't read all the posts. I usually skim at work and respond every now and then. When I'm home, I'm usually sick of looking at the computer screen so I don't look much.

Comment

I skip some that are totally not related to me (like most of the Parenting forum). But I read almost everything.

Comment

I also use the "view post since last visit" - I try to keep up with all of them but if I'm in a time crunch I tend to skip the ones that are in parenting or threads that aren't applicable to me.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Since I have started working again, I am in the skim and skip camp. I just don't have the time to keep up!

Sally
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm in the unpopular camp, with jesher and Bittersweet. I cannot leave a thread unread, even if I just skim through it if it doesn't really apply to me. I'd hate to miss something.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

I read pretty much everything in the call room, marriage matters, and grand rounds, and then read selectively in the other rooms. I love erading the "kids say" threads in the parenting room--those are hilarious!!!!! I do pretty much read everyone's blogs. I wish this site had an IM or chat room too!

Comment

Working...
                              X