Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tried & true : ) or Fuhgettabout it :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got the Microplane Foot File and it is THE BEST thing I ever did for my chronically dry-skinned feet. I pampered myself with it last night and the skin on my feet is now so smooth and soft. Removes callouses effortlessly. No lotion or foot file ever worked for me. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Comment

Tried and true: GHD, I've had this hair straightener for 4 years and I could not do without it, my hair is in fact really really really tightly curly....you won't find a photo of me with curly hair for the past 4 years! It heats in 7 seconds and it lasts until you wash your hait again sealing in moisture so my hair has not dried out from using it excessively. I believe they are recently availible in the US so I heard from my hairdresser there.

My dyson, no explanation needed

Pizza express, can't explain you'll just have to go to london and experience one of their hundreds of restaurants for yourself

Zaytoon, you'll have to come to Dublin for this one

furgettaboutit:
      Everyone here raves about it but for me its:
      Food, eating out in America, maybe its just Boston.......Sorry guys, no offense but my stomach was in ribbons after a month of eating out, we didn't go to the top places but middle of the road type places, I just can't get over how much stuff is fried, I hardly ever have fried food at home.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
        Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam

It's pricey - but really is better. I'd given up all my "products" for the last few years of training (oh - the sacrifices!), and thought I was happy w/my Dove Mousse. While visiting my friend I conducted a VERY scientific experiment: I used my crap to style my hair one day, and used her Phomollient the next. My hair was SO much better w/the Aveda stuff.
        Agreed! I tried to switch to an Herbal Essences mousse. Not nearly as good! I'm actually going to my Aveda store today. You reminded me to pick up some foam. I also need to get the Sensitive Skin Toner. That stuff rocks!!

Comment

I LOVE the Sap Moss spray by Aveda. It's for textured, wavy or curly hair -- usually thick hair. I love it. I get defined curl without the crunch and it doesn't dry out your hair like some products do.

I like all the tourmanline skin care products. I mix them with the sensitive skin line and it works for me!
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I use their Acne-prone line with the Sensitive skin toner. I love it. Keeps my face clear.

Do you know what I would use for straight, fine, and colored hair?? (I think we have the opposite hair types. )

Comment

Sorry -- I know they have a volumizing line but it's NOT what I need so I just skim past it when I'm in the store. My hair is a joy and a burden all at the same time. I have wistfully wondered what having normal hair would feel like.
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I LOVE that Sap Moss shampoo. I'm not using it now (using Biogenel or something) but oh how I love that Sap Moss. My hair is thick but straight and fine. I love lots of it and it works for me but it's mostly the scent that makes me so happy.

Comment

My brain is dead right now, but I have to say that I've been fairly disappointed with clothing purchased from New York and Company lately. Yes, their stuff is VERY reasonably priced and stylish, but it falls apart after one washing. (And I'm a careful laundress). It is almost like they sell throw away clothes.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Leyla- I recommend the cinnamon spice one, especially because it smells like Christmas to me! But most of them smell great! I like the ones they have for the holidays, try them and let me know what you think!

Comment

Tried and True:

-Shea Body Butter from The Body Shop (the original formula)

-The Oil of Olay Regenerist line (the entire thing but particularly the Daily Regenerating Serum and the eye cream - yellow stuff)

-OPI nail colors and Sally Hanson Teflon Tough base coat/top coat

-Neutrogena glycerin soap

-Pampers Swaddlers newborn diapers (only ones so far that have consistantly contained the poopy explosions!)

-TIGI Control Freak shampoo, conditioner, and styling gel - only things that can smooth out my rough, super-kinky hair and give me sleek hair (a miracle I tell you!)

-Toyota Sienna minivans - we now have two, we love them so much!

-J.Crew T-shirts (long and short sleeve, crew and v-neck) - comfy, great colors, and LOOONG enough to cover my backside when I sit down in my low-slung jeans

-Glass Magic dishwashing machine "booster" - gets out mineral deposits and water spots like nothing else

-blow dryers that are both ceramic AND ionic heat

-Think Thin protein bars (particularly the chocolate fudge and smooth peanut butter varieties - I've lost 40 lbs on these after this last kiddo)

-Pilates - IT WORKS

-Born shoes

-Kitchen Aid mixer

-100% Cotton 300 ply or above sheets - nothing beats good cotton - nothing (especially sateen)

-Kirtland brand products (Costco's generic brand - it's good!)

-Yankee candle company candles (the big, housewarming size)

Fuhgetaboutit:

-Costume jewelry from Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft (every necklace I've ever bought from there - six - has broken within weeks of purchase)

-Old Navy tshirts (dye is inconsistant and splotches after a few washes)

-Frigidare full-size refrigerator (doesn't have a freezer - you get a full size, 36" freezer unit to go with it - which we did) Problem? If anything - anything leaks in your fridge it will go to the drip pan - which isn't removable for cleaning. The only way to clean the drip pan is with a shop-vac.

-Children's board game boxes - Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Monopoly, etc - all of them have flimsy boxes that collapse quickly. I recommend putting children's games in a plastic container before you find little pieces all over the house!

-hp psc 2210xi all-in-one printer - (printer, fax, scanner, copier) - prone to breaking down
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Method granite cleaner ROCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by EDWife
                          Method granite cleaner ROCKS!
                          Pun intended? :>

Comment

well, last night i got some burt's bees lip gloss stuff and some curel for my dried, cracked bleeding hands.

all because of this list...they better be fab!
                            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I don't know about the gloss, but Burt's Bees lip balm is by far the best. I've been using it for years. It basically helped me survive Accutane.

Comment

i LOVE the Urban Decay Eye Shadow: Maui Wauwi

also Chanel Lip Gloss

AND Chantecaille Water Flower Fluid

HATE: Mario Tricoci Brand Peppermint Lotion...WAYYY too thick!

Comment

Working...
                                X