Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Parenthood & your age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parenthood & your age

How old were you & your partner when you became parents? How old were your parents?*

me 32 dh 35

my mom 36 my dad 40

*added after a few response

me 25, dh 27
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I think Seattle moms are older than most moms nationwide. I've had people tell me here "You're 28? Tick tock, tick tock." NONE of my high school friends have kids and we're all married and in our late 20s.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by Momof4
        We lived in Northern California when we first had little ones. Dh went to a fathers day party at the preschool, when he came home he said, "you didn't tell me it was GRANDfathers day". All the dads had grey hair and were a good 15 to 20 years older than dh.
        When I was born, my grandfather was 70! These days grandparents are young!

Comment

I got that (sorry for my confusing reply), but for some reason I meant that dads are old (mine included) and granddads are even older!

Comment

Both of us were 28

Comment

I was 26 and DH 28. Definitely the youngest among my friends to have kids.

My mom, 24 (or close to it) and my dad, 30.

Comment

me- 25, dh- 27 almost 28.

Crystal
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

It's neat seeing this. When I lived in TN anyone over 30 was considered on the verge of being too old. It's good to see that that isn't the attitude everywhere. For dh and I it will probably be (fingers crossed) 35 for me and 37 for him.

My parents had me (their second child) at 33 (mom) and 35 (dad).
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

[quote="ides"]When I lived in TN anyone over 30 was considered on the verge of being too old.

Yowza!

My mom was 27 and my dad was 29. Yes, that means that my grandfather was 43 and his wife 41 when they had my mom! My mom's a real baby boomer!

Dh's mom was 22!! when she had dh. Dh's dad was 36.

Comment

My mom had me at 30 and she was one of the oldest moms in my class throughout all my school years.

If everything goes as planned, I'll be a mom at 28-29. We'll see.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

I, too, missed the parent part of it-

my mom- 25
                        bio father- 28???

my mil- 21
                        my fil- 25

Crystal
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

DH and I were 31 when DD came into our lives, 33 when DS was born.

My parents were married at 21 and had me at 23 -- by 28 my mom was the mother of three and done with having kids. My parents are still together and very much in love.

In Seattle, having a baby before 28 is VERY VERY VERY young (from my limited experience) .
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

No kids for us yet, but my parents were both 30 when they had me.

Comment

Sorry to those of you that thought you missed the 2nd question...I added/edited it after a few had already responded...so it's not you it was just me

Comment

Working...
                              X