Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Parenthood & your age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom had just turned 20, my dad was 22 (still married).

I will be a minimum of 32, husband will be at least 36. Possibly older.

I approve of their life and they approve of mine.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

My parents were 42 when I was born! I was quite the surprise. My parents thought they were finished. I have a sister 10 years older.

Hopefully, I will be 35 when I have my first baby in 2007! DH will be 30. Keep your fingers crossed! Tick tock tick tock!

Comment

If everything goes as planned we will be married when I am 22, DF 28 and first baby will come along when I am 23 and DF 29

My parents were married when they were both 26, had my sister at mom 37 dad 38 and me at mom 39 dad 40 (well on his 40th birthday)

DF's parents were married when they were both 21 and had DF (the oldest of 5) when they were 26

Comment

We're thinking along the lines of 31 for both of us (we're 29 now and not even close to trying). Many of our non-medical friends have started about a year ago. Among those also in residency, very few have started, most are waiting until attending-hood.

My parents were 22 (mom) and 27 (dad). I believe DH's parents were both around 25.

Comment

Short answer: ME: 23 DS's dad:38
            this time ME: i'll have just turned 27 and DH will have turned 29

My parents were 32 and 38

DS' dad and i started when I was 20 but after each miscarriage I took 6-8 months before trying again and then when we did get pregnant he ran off with his ex and married her, as Borat would say.....NNNiiiiiice

Comment

We were both 30.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I was 24, 25, 28, 33, 35

DH is 5 years older than me, so...add 5 for him.
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Dh and I are the exact same age
                  20, 21 and 30....I would like one more, but not until he has finished at least one fellowship so I'll probably be 32 or 33 for the last one!

Comment

Me: 26 and 31
                    DH: 28 and 33

(Boy did we feel like the pregnant teens at 26 and 28 amongst the doctor/lawyer types).

My mom and dad and DH's parents: All 20.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Me- 26, 30, and soon-to-be 34.
                      DW- 25, 29, and will still be 33.

My mom was 18 and 366 days.
                      Her parents were about 10 years older or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X