Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hooah. Go Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooah. Go Army

I guess my ticker will say it for me.

14 months. Baghdad. Assigned as a GMO (General Medical Officer) with the 31st Combat Support Hospital out of Ft. Bliss.

Jenn

:thud:
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Comment

14 months, baby.

or Nikolai's 3rd birthday, our anniversary, his 40th birthday, my birthday, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, Nikolai's 4th birthday.

Jenn

Comment

Oh Jenn.....my heart just sank.

Originally posted by Ladybug
          I not sure what to say except...thank you. I can't imagine giving up my spouse for an extended period of time for our countrymen's health. I deeply respect your strengths.
          My feelings exactly.

Comment

Oh Jenn, I don't even know what to say.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I can't imagine. Just can't imagine.
              Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much been the word of the day.

I'm exceptionally proud of him, he's a combat trained doctor- heck he's Airborne. Used to wear the little red beret and everything. (ETA- he hasn't jumped in 14 years though and he says he would break into a million little tiny pieces if he ever did it again, especially with gear!)

I think I'm most proud of the fact that despite his (our) personal feelings about nearly everything related to this "situation", he's going, he'll do a great job and he'll come home just like the 100's of thousands of American troops who have gone before him.

Despite knowing that it was probably going to happen, and sooner rather than later, it's still quite the kick in the pants when you hear your husband say, "I'm being deployed at the end of February."

I'll keep everyone posted as things develop.

Jenn

PS- thanks for the support- it's wierd what you have to do to get ready- he had to go to the dentist and get his temporary crown extra super attached because they don't have that kind of super dental glue in combat hospitals. and he has to put the oral part of his boards on hold. I'm kind of on auto-pilot today.

Comment

Oh my god. I hope the time until he's back flies by.

What would the rest of us do without people like him? Without families like yours?

Glad you'll be keeping us posted.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. One of my childhood friends leaves next week for a year.

Comment

I don't know what to say!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I am in shock!!!!!

Comment

Fawk.
                          My thoughts exactly.

Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

O.M.G. jenn and family. im sorry. that is a kick in the pants (to quote annie)

you all will be in my thoughts and prayers...sending many safety vibes to your dh.

(when i first saw the title of this thread, i thought for sure it was a football thread, so i delayed looking at it)

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

That SUCKS. That is such upsetting news. I can't believe it - - 14 months and staring next month.

You are going to have to use any free time you have while your dh is gone to do an iMSN road trip and come visit all of us.

Wow, I just don't know what to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X