Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What does it say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrayMatterWife I too am a republican I'm just tired of politics right now which is why we're not watching. I'm a little put off by the fact that the 2008 election has already started in earnest and we just got past the '06 one. So I'm swearing off politics for a while.

There are a few of us on this board though I think there are more democrats.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That's that Beckham guy?!?! OH!!! I guess I've never seen a picture of him up-close. I thought that was a picture of your hubbie/sig other. I was REALLY REALLY impressed!

Comment

There is no Dawkter who is THAT McDreamy.

Although Rick's Navy buddy Will is mighty cute, for those of you w/ single friends in San Diego. Downright hot in those whites. Used to be a serious conservative. Not so much after two tours in Iraq (he's a psychiatrist)

Jenn

Comment

of course that is my husband...duh.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
            of course that is my husband...duh.

Comment

GrayMatterWife wrote:
              I like Bush and admire his resolve to get the job done in Iraq. Should I steer clear of the politics discussions here? I am new to the Website and I don't want to alienate people. I won't take it personally--it's better to know than to participate but then get the cold shoulder...
              Definitely stick around. We cover the entire spectrum from liberal to conservative, and 98% of the time we are respectful of one another. Just because we are medical spouses/partners doesn't mean we must think alike. We have been called "stepford" before and it was quite funny. Welcome to our boards.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think my hubbie looks really cute in his scrubs, when they are tucked in at the waistband (and CLEAN. I HATE when he comes home with tiny "goo" spatters...what IS that and can I put these in the laundry with our towels? I think not...). He seems happy doing what he does and that kind of comes through as cuteness, I guess. Of course, there's the post-call caveat: he does not look cute in scrubs when he comes home after a 30-hour shift. His hair is completely matted down and greasy from the surgical cap and he'll get little blemishes where the loupes have been setting next to his ears. YUCK. (Don't touch me...GO shower!!)

Good chatting with you guys during the speech. Gotta jump...dishes to do and such!

Comment

GrayMatterWife - I was also going to say that what is said in the debate thread stays there. 8)

Comment

Yeah, I'd drink a cup a joe or Chuck with these people any day.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                      Luanne, Kris and I are the Seriously Flaming Liberals .
                      Hey! I'm hurt that I didn't get included in that!

Comment

I think sometimes we just can't get past you as the local chef!!!!! Seriously, the next two years will be interesting and I'm sure we will all have lots of opinions, as long as we all agree to disagree with respect it should be entertaining. If it makes any of the more conservatives happy, I'll share that one of my daughters is leaning a little bit to the right. Not too much, but dangerously close.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I am not a full blown Republican, but you can count me as conservative independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                            What am I, chopped liver?
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                              hey! i thought of you!!

i would like to add jenn P. to jenn H's list of liberals.
                              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

There are plenty of republicans on board here..most of them are not very vocal though (probably because they feel like they've been buttmunched after we chew them up and spit them out )
                                Yeah, that's the reason I try to stay out of the political debates. The whole Obama/Hilary discussion gave me a hearattack.

Comment

Working...
                                X