Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shoes fabulous shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miss November
    All this Birk talk is another language to me...

Can we start talking stiletto please?
    I don't wear Birks, but stilettos are the whole reason why this girl had bunion repair at age 28.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Stilettos are the reason why THIS girl only wears Birks!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens

I don't wear Birks, but stilettos are the whole reason why this girl had bunion repair at age 28.
        Bunion issues don't justify Birks or Uggs. There are always platforms and kitten heels. I'll make sure to cover that in my treatise.

Comment

Never gonna happen. I have American flag birks, metallic pink birks, orange birks, my leopard print cow fur birks. Yeah they're ugly but they're comfortable, they're fun and let's face it- my line of work requires that you be dressed. period.

Now, would I wear my birks to a chi-chi dinner? No, I do have some platforms and kitten heels for those such occasions. and I have a fab pair of boots for dressing up long pants.

It's just that those occasions are so rare and especially in South Texas- the closed toe shoe season is about a month long.

Jenn

Comment

It's just that those occasions are so rare and especially in South Texas- the closed toe shoe season is about a month long.
            Jenn, if I'm not mistaken both kitten heels and platforms come with open toe options.

Comment

lalalalalalallalalala.

I can't hear you.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                Originally posted by Amiens

Bunion issues don't justify Birks or Uggs. There are always platforms and kitten heels. I'll make sure to cover that in my treatise.
                I used to wear all sorts of cute little shoes, and the shape of pointy shoes are not condusive to the health of my feet. If you can find some for me then great-- bring it on! Every time I go to the mall or into any shoe store I try them on, and they kill my feet. I do have some cute flats non pointy toe (think Audrey Hepburn rounded toe), It has been really hard to find a heel that doesn't kill my foot- I currently own 1 pair of pumps, they're Mephistos. Other than that heels do a number- kitten, pumps, and the higher it is the worse it gets. I try to avoid heels if possible as it does a number on my feet. Also with this klutz- platforms and me just don't mix. The Uggs that I do have don't look like their standard ones, they are more like a riding boot.

Sigh-- my feet are just fashionally challenged, not to mention I really want to avoid having more surgery.
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Heidi, sorry about your post hijack onto shoes . . .

I am at the just starting to get a bunion stage of things. I was told emphatically by my podiatrist (confirmed with my own research) that you need special custom-made inserts in your shoes. High heels and other uncomfortable shoes will aggravate the problem and cause pain but the actual bunion is caused by a biomechanical flaws that can only be corrected (i.e., bunion progress slowed) with inserts.

I have not tried birks, but I do have uggs, arche (really comfortable, price almost killed me), gentlesouls, clogs. Right not I am having more pain so I am on a "no heels" thing while I await my $400 inserts . . .

Comment

I await my $400 inserts
                    SMS my podiatrist gave us a 150.00 professional courtesy reduction in price. I wound up paying 350.00. The weirdest part is that when I was a Mgr. for Talbots, my insurance covered the custom orthoticcs I needed.

BTW that was the first time I was ever given or offered a professional courtesy price.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                      I await my $400 inserts
                      SMS my podiatrist gave us a 150.00 professional courtesy reduction in price. I wound up paying 350.00. The weirdest part is that when I was a Mgr. for Talbots, my insurance covered the custom orthoticcs I needed.

BTW that was the first time I was ever given or offered a professional courtesy price.
                      Sorry to hijack as well... I have orthotics as well, and can I say heaven, but then again they can't be worn in those cute little pointy shoes.
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Thanks for the tips on orthotics . . . no professional courtesy discount for me, sadly. The price is actually $450 and the podiatrist claims that is $50-100 cheaper than the normal price around here, which I suspect is true

My insurance is supposed to pay 1/2 of the cost, but I will believe it when I see it. They always manage to find some way not to pay up.

I am so glad you like them, Crystal - - that makes me feel better about spending so much. At first, I was worried I was being wasteful spending so much for a shoe insert but I walk 5-7 miles per day (just walking around, insane I know, its more miles if I go running that day). I was starting to look really pathetic limping and shuffling . . .

Comment

My orthotics made SUCH a difference for my feet and one knee. I had the molds made a while ago so I don't recall how much it cost. Replacements and "tune-ups" were less costly.

Comment

I never thought of looking into the cusom inserts. Hmmm... something to think about. Do they fit into regular shoes or I can only wear them with those treehugging things? :>

Comment

I love birks & mephistos BUT I must wear a suit to work each day and need something a little more dressy. I have found the cole-haan nike air to be a comfort/stylish solution....same with clarks. Anyone else tried these?
                              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I have all sorts of feet issues. I must admit, for a less expensive shoe, I have gone w/ Clarks, even my podiatrist said that this was a decent more affordable shoe. The prob w/ my new orthotics is that it seems I'm gonna have to go up a 1/2 size for them & my feet to fit in my shoes properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X