Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

brrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brrrrrr

We're at -17 this morning with the forecast being in the negetive numbers all weekend...

I'm feeling lucky today....can anyone beat that??? huh huh huh???
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Can't beat ya. Here we are a mere -2 (with a "feels like" temp of -21). I feel like I am on house arrest.
    Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Just sharing your pain...we're at -6 with a *feels like* -21 caution....

Wasn't I just complaining about how warm it was here
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We're at -11 with a wind chill of -33 - ack! The high for the next few days is supposed be in the negatives. Tell me again, why we moved here?
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ahhh Cheri has me beat. Our wind chill is only -29.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
            Tell me again, why we moved here?
            This is what I always wonder. I have to resist the urge to yell at people I see walking down the sidewalk in this weather --- "You don't have to live like this people--- there is a better way!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malpka
              Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
              Tell me again, why we moved here?
              This is what I always wonder. I have to resist the urge to yell at people I see walking down the sidewalk in this weather --- "You don't have to live like this people--- there is a better way!"
              Yeh, but the sad thing of us is, other than days like this we actually consider staying here - we'll see. Sorry but I'd rather live here then Iowa City, you guys get so much more ice then we do. I'll take the snow and the bitter temps.

Comment

The ice is yuck. I have busted my butt 3 times this year alone in the driveway . DH knows I have done my stint in the midwest, and this will be IT for me. It takes heartier stock than I to put up with this cold - you gals are tough!

Comment

Phil didn't see his shadow - spring is coming!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/02/phil.s ... index.html

Comment

SCHWEEET!

Comment

It's SO cold. I have no idea how cold, but I've got to leave pretty soon, walk about 1/2 mile and wait for the bus. Not a happy gal.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Brrrr is right! Stay warm. I think the stay inside and drink hot cocoa plan is the way to go.

Comment

I'm in official hibernation mode. Reading and baking/eating brownies is all that I can seem to do lately.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Are you guys talking Fahrenheit? If so, where's the jaw dropping smiley?

The coldest I've ever experienced was in Romania at -20 C, which is -4 F.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette
                              Are you guys talking Fahrenheit? If so, where's the jaw dropping smiley?

The coldest I've ever experienced was in Romania at -20 C, which is -4 F.
                              Yes, Fahrenheit - my math deprived brain doesn't even know how to convert that to celcius. (Obviously, I can't spell it either)!

Comment

Working...
                              X