Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for dinner?

I'm cleaning out the fridge, want something healthy, and LOVE soup. It's minestrone tonight!

The one I do is Craig Claiborne's from his NY Times recipe book. I would love to put in salt pork, but I've gained 8 pounds this winter, people!!!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Stir-fry. One of those frozen bags of oriental style veggies with some extra firm tofu and a side of rice. Nikolai will eat the rice and maybe the tofu. I'll give him some unsweetened applesauce if (when) he refuses the veggies

I'm all about the healthy eating after this last month!

Jenn

Comment

Ok, that's it. I'm coming over, Jenn.

Yay! Nikolai will eat tofu? I love the stuff. I really think it has a bad reputation, because it's often used as a substitute for meat and people like to cook it as such. In and of itself, it doesn't have much taste; it's just up to you to prepare it so that it has flavor.

Comment

My kids LOVE tofu. Cold. I like it too but have a strong preference for eating it hot.

Last night we had a French Onion Tart with bacon. Manicotti with whole milk ricotta the night before. Time to change things up for some lighter spring eating, I'm afraid.

Comment

We're going out for dinner for two reasons.

1 - we're going to get dumped on this weekend so this is our only chance
          2 - we have no groceries!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            My kids LOVE tofu. Cold.
            How do you prepare it for them?

Double YAY! My grandmother used to put a little soy sauce, cut up some green onions and grate ginger over my cold tofu. Yummy.

Comment

I take it out of the refrigerator and cut it into cubes. They eat as much as I give them.

Sounds much better with the green onions and ginger -- my kids won't eat either if they can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                I take it out of the refrigerator and cut it into cubes. They eat as much as I give them.

Sounds much better with the green onions and ginger -- my kids won't eat either if they can see it.
                Tell 'em Mean Auntie Alison is forcing them to eat it. It looks very pretty, when you have these little green rings and when you've got ginger sprinkled on it though...

It must be one of those Japanese things, where you grate and cut things so small, that you don't even know what it is. I swear, there are some foods out there that I would never recognize unless it's in a grated/blended/pureed form.

Comment

We're going out. I'm doing grocery shopping tomorrow.

Comment

I would eat it that way, Alison. That sounds yummy.

Comment

We're having breakfast foods for dinner - yum! Egg casserole and some type of raspberry-filled pastry on the side.
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Out to the BBQ place on the corner. Mommy needs a margarita. :> DD has been having second grade friendship issues for three days. It's exhausting to do elementary school politics again. She kept getting up last night and coming downstairs to have me check over the note she was writing in bed. Go to bed, kid!! This morning, the discussion was whether to put it in the locker or leave it in her mailbox. This afternoon, she told me they weren't friends anymore. That's it. Finito.

Then, she called to invite her over to play.

So....Mommy needs a margarita. I wish I could join Jenn in San Antonio for one!
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Tonight is steak chili (in the crock pot) and corn muffins. So proud of myself for actually getting the crock pot going this morning!

Comment

For breakfast, I had a parfait. For lunch, I had pepper steak, asparagus, and red pepper gemelli alfredo. For dinner, I had a portabello press panino.

I guess the upside of not working is that I have time to cook.

Comment

Dinner tonight was a salad and steamed gyoza. FYI I dont like chive gyoza, I bought it on a whim.

DD1 loves tofu too. If I am making something heavy on ground beef or sausage I will throw in some tofu as a substitue so its half meat and half tofu. then it takes up the flavor of the meat.
                              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
                              X