Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is on your nightstand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water carafe, alarm clock, picture of me and DH with my best friend and her then fiance, and two books: one about Rwanda and In Cold Blood (so far, it's good). Right now, I also have an empty diet Coke can.

PS. Kris, I do a lot of hand applique. It's so relaxing to do ... and beautiful to look at later.

Comment

Lamp, cell phone charger cord, jewelry box, buddha statue and candle. That's the stuff that's always there. Now....there is also cold medicines, tissues and motrin since we've been the house of plague for a few weeks.

Under nightstand in basket.....4000 books and magazines. I'm reading three different books right now because I can't get in to one.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm looking out for bedside tables in a sale at the moment, because there are still just plastic drawers on DH's side, and nothing on mine. That's what happens when you do international moves - you have to sacrifice furniture! That doesn't mean that there is nothing on my side of the bed though...it's just shared out between the window sill, a box on the floor, and underneath my pillow.

Always many books and magazines, as others have mentioned! Sarah, my husband also has a nasty snoring problem, so there are usually a couple of pairs of earplugs (gotta have some to hand in case I lose one during the night!) I've also got the best mask in the world for sleeping, called a Hibermate. I've bought many of them for family and friends - they're even endorsed by the Lonely Planet lady. Then there's tissues, heel balm, a pen and a thermometer.

Jenn, I'm interested to know what sort of Kundalini Yoga books and CD's you've got lying around. I'm new to that type of yoga, so would love to get your tips!

And Kris, I've been meaning to ask - how many hours do you sleep a night? I'm constantly curious as to how you get so much done. And now applique also...?

Comment

Lamp, alarm clock, the last three issues of O magazine, the last two issues of Am J Epidemiology, A jar of acquaphor

Comment

Well let's see...

Lamp that's not plugged in 99% of the time.
            5 full coin rolls
            Cell phone
            Cell phone holster
            Hair elastic
            Ferrero Rocher chocolates
            Plant
            Alarm clock with stuffed animal (a cute crab) on top
            Empty picture frame
            Hot air brush instructions

Yes, I'm a mess and I should do something about it.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Giant decorative bowl filled with coins (I really need to do something about this)
              Lotion
              Hair elastic
              Water bottle
              Stack of books
              Oh, and of course the ever present dust and dog hair

Comment

alarm clock
                picture of DH
                music box
                water

exciting, huh?
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Mine:
                  magazines that I have read and keep forgetting to recycle
                  2 books I have read and need to return to mom
                  lavendar scented candle
                  wooden jewelry box

DH:
                  2 alarm clocks
                  lamp
                  my various medications
                  some little people (courtesy of DD)
                  phone
                  baby monitor that we never use
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Robyn- I'll PM you the titles. I bought most of the cds through my instructors and same with the books. I was in training to become a kundalini instructor but had to stop thanks to my job.

Jenn

Comment

Well, a week ago there was a ton of stuff, including a pile of dust. But, now that our house is on the market, it's all decluttered.
                      My alarm clock
                      B & B Works Lavender pillow spray (smells so yummy)
                      My watch
                      Portable phone
                      Remote for the TV (can't live without it when DH works nights)
                      That's it! It looks so much nicer than I remembered.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                      X