Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you subscribe to any magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get any parenting magazines. I've seen them in the pediatricians office and they make me feel like a totally inadequate parent and chef...

Comment

Am I the only one on here who hasn't ever had a magazine subscription I just asked DH for two mags for my birthday coming up in a few weeks ... He doesn't have any either but if he were to get them, they would all be cooking magazines
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

We get

Readers' Digest (they paid all 4 years of DH's med school scholarship!!!)
        Coastal Living
        Newsweek
        Ranger Rick
        SI for Kids
        History
        American Girl
        Nat'l Geographic for Kids

Comment

Well, since the move I haven't renewed any of our subscriptions. But, starting this summer I will be getting everything going again. Here's the list:

Children's

Cricket (lit.)
          Baby Bug ("board book" mag for the tiny ones)
          Spider (lit.)
          Lady Bug (lit.)
          Calliope (history)
          Ask (science)
          The Friend (religious)

Grown-up's

New Old House (from the publishers of "This Old House" - but it's for NEW construction made in the manner of and to resemble the old)
          Martha Stewart Living
          National Geographic (well, it's also for the kids)
          Real Simple
          InStyle
          The Ensign (religious)
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Yey!

Someone finally said InStyle. I love, love this magazine. I feel like I always get my money's worth. I just knew Vishenka and Stella would get it ..... and was surprised that it was not listed. Now, don't go assuming that I am "in style" but a girl can dream.

So, here's my list

In Style
            Southern Living
            Living
            Prevention (my MIL's gift)
            Consumer reports (my BIL's gift)
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
              A bar journal I get for free with my state bar dues--Does this even count? I read it primarily for the gossip. It publishes the names of all the attorneys who've received disciplinary actions by the bar...I always look to see if there's someone I know!
              That's the only reason I read those journals too!
              Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
                Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                A bar journal I get for free with my state bar dues--Does this even count? I read it primarily for the gossip. It publishes the names of all the attorneys who've received disciplinary actions by the bar...I always look to see if there's someone I know!
                That's the only reason I read those journals too!
                I am glad to know someone else does this! It's sort of like reading the obits, but salacious and kind of catty!!!

Comment

Working...
                X