Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Why are most of the members of this site women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm married, and I'm not SAH, and I'm definitely not a mom. So... I don't know what to tell you. I came here because I was scared as hell of what was to come. Now, well, I'm still scared as hell but not because I don't know what lies ahead. :>

Comment

Honestly, I don't know. DH is on SDN all the time, which is predominantly male, even though there are plenty of female student doctors. Do you think it's self-selection based on stereotyping of roles (so males don't "fit" the traditional idea of medical spouse, and females don't "fit" the traditional idea of student doctor). I know many of our female friends who are physicians get a lot of reaction from patients that they want to see the "doctor" and not the "nurse".

Also, this site is much more tied into emotional type discussions, whereas SDN is more debate and discussion of the profession, not really people's personal lives. Maybe that relates more to WHAT males vs. females communicate about.

Just a guess.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Deb, that's a good guess. My SO is obsessed with SDN. He's on there allll the time flaming and debating and whatnot. He can't believe that Angie is going to send me Girl Scout cookies and that I got and sent out holiday cards to you guys. At first, I think he thought it was kind of wierd, but he gets how important it is to me now. He know who most of you are because I talk about you like friends and show him your adorable kiddos.

Comment

Originally posted by pstone
          Okay,

Fluffhead said it well, but the chicks are not so bad.

arty:

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper
            I also think that there are alot of SAHMs on this site, and that mothers are more likely to stay-at-home than fathers. Meaning that probably most male spouses work. When I was working (I am unemployed, now) I would only have time to visit this site on Sunday mornings, because it was the only time I wasn't at work. It would be difficult to come to this site if one is working because you could get caught
            And some of us HAVE actually ben caught at work on this site. By my DOCTOR boss! He didn't seem to mind too bad.

Comment

Working...
            X