Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

waaaaah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vishenka69
    Sorry, I meant that it's $3.29 in Manhattan.
    Okay - the world has not turned upside down. Phew!

Comment

I don't even look anymore! I just pay with my shell/exxon card and cry when the bill comes.
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

2.79 is a bargain. We filled up for 2.75 in Sticksville, Indiana on our way back to Chicago. Gas prices are around 3.30 in Chicago, like Manhattan!

We've got a Toyota Matrix 4wd. So, it eats up a bit more than a car of around the same size. I'm so glad we got rid of the Jeep. We were getting 10 miles/gallon in the city.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
          Wonder if our Irish members will pipe up here? Looks like they're paying twice what we are.
          Yeah, my mil consistently pays over the equivalent of $4/gallon (they pay in liters). We have nothing to complain about, I suppose.

Comment

A friend who just got back from a work trip in Germany said they're paying the equivalent of $7 something/gallon there.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

This is one way we COULD save $$$$ on gas:

I wish we had a really, really, REALLY great system of local (especially local) and long-distance public transportation. I would gladly give up my car. I would love to walk to the corner and hop on a train to take my kids to school or go shopping or go on a trip...

Comment

I would gladly give up my car if public transportation was reasonable in this city. If you work in one place between the hours of 6-6 this town flips to make sure you can take the bus, if you don't or aren't going downtown you're screwed. DH can't take the public transportation b/c he goes in so early - I can't take it b/c with transfers it would take me 90 minutes to get to work, I can drive it in ten.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We had to get gas today and it CUT US OFF at $75.00.....we weren't completely full yet. The Suburban holds about 27 gallons when it is good and empty.

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I feel your pain! The machine DIDN'T cut me off and I made it to $78 to full up the Yukon XL. It's gonna be a loooooong summer.

Comment

if you're going up to Cleveland, don't hold your breath for the ability to take public transportation. there are only a handful of places where it's remotely "convienent". and lots more where it's totally out of the question.

Of course I say while my current city has EVEN LESS of a public transportation system.

Comment

Dh works at one of the hospitals right on Lake Michigan. We're also on the lakefront, so I'm sending him off on a bike this summer to save gas. It'll be safe, because there are no cars on that route. I grew up in a city that wasn't flat like Chicago. You'd see people commuting on bikes up and down hills all the time. Is biking an option for any of you?

Comment

If it would work for us, I would ride bikes.

uch: I could get a rickshaw (is that how you spell it?) for me and the 3 kids, but I think Nashville is just too hilly for it to work. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                            If it would work for us, I would ride bikes.

uch: I could get a rickshaw (is that how you spell it?) for me and the 3 kids, but I think Nashville is just too hilly for it to work. LOL
                            More hills than Seattle or San Francisco? J/K.
                            I would need a shower if I were to bike to work. And that's in Chicago, where there are no hills. Luckily, my work gives me a bus pass.

Comment

Coming in a bit late on this one but when DH complains about gas prices, I have NO sympathy. He can complain when he's paying what the rest of the world is paying. Try $2 a litre, probably more now!
                              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Whoa! I saw $3.70 today!

Comment

Working...
                                X