Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Head or Heart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am much more head than heart, but I think it's changed to a little more heart since I've had DD.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I think a little of both. I'll do months and months of research about someting and then somewhat impulsively make a decision and do it.

Like our house. We did months of research on locations, how much we could spend, if we should or shouldn't, buying vs renting, etc. Then one day, we went to Sams for dog bones, and come home with a contract for a house (and dog bones)!
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

While this is facinating, in how we think of head vs heart etc...Nobody makes a decision they think is wrong, that is the key.

I say even that it is impossible to do something you don't think is 'right' even if only for the fleeting second you choose to do it.

Head, Heart, Gut......just like the mind's eye....all the same.

though you women think men make decisions with something else I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug

I'd wager your more heart, Peter.
          I would too. It's interesting though the difference though in how it's expressed from a female/male perspective though, isn't it. I wish all of the guys would chime in on this one. I love Pete's totally practical, *you guys are full of blah, blah, blah* answer.

And Pete...I think we're pretty right about how guys tend to make some decisions. :>

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I try to weigh things up in my head, then go with my gut instinct

Comment

I feel good about the majority of decisions I make. Still, I sometimes question and that questioning usually falls along the lines of a head/heart issue.

Comment

Both, probably gut more than head or heart.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Come now, I did not say full of blah, blah....

All good decisions are cleared with a husband anyway.

Comment

No, all husbands think they're the decision-makers....and all good wives smile to themselves.

J.

Comment

I used to be a total think with my heart kinda gal. That proved to be to dangerous for me and now that I am older I rule with my head.

Comment

I lied. I realized many of my reactions to things are emotional and with my heart. Not usually the best results. Sometimes my head takes over and I agonize over decisions like all-day or half-day kindergarten. Nothing is ever easy when it comes to me.
                        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                          No, all husbands think they're the decision-makers....and all good wives smile to themselves.

J.
                          :> Ex-ACTLY!
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                            Originally posted by DCJenn

J.
                            :> Ex-ACTLY!

Dh had to get some dental work done, and he told the dentist that he'd have to ask *me* if it was ok to do it! I was sitting in the waiting room and dh came out with his bib on! Who wears the pants in this house?!
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                              Head, mostly.....but I am often torn between what I know and what I feel. DH doesn't often struggle with that conflict.
                              Ditto

Comment

Working...
                              X