Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Back to reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to reality

Well- We got back from vacation on Tuesday- how depressing!

We went to my parent's and then the Boys went to Pittsburgh to watch three straight days of Pittsburgh Pirates baseball while we girls chilled out at my moms.

But now, three days later I don't even feel like I went away. Of course work was a total disaster when I got back- crisis after crisis!! Again, really- this full time job thing is really over-rated.

The good news is that we signed for the home equity loan and I just had the joy of writing all of the necessary check to pay off all of those jerks. I can't tell you how liberating it was. My condo appraised for $50,000 more dollars than I paid for it- not bad in 3 years! (Gotta love those big city prices- but would NOT pay that much to live in that place- it's literally 515 square feet!) Talk about a lucky break.

So, for those who are in the East Coast- I remain,

exceptionally jealous....

Jenn
    Edited by: jloreine at: 7/29/02 9:14:18 am

That's great to hear your condo appreciated in value, Jenn. How long have you had it? Is it in DC?

-Rachel

Comment

My condo is in Southwest DC (a very underappreciated part of the district- although they are getting ready to make some major improvments to the infrastructure around there) nd I bought it in July of '99.

It's a great place and although I will probably never live there again, I would definitely live in that part of DC again. It was so nice to park the car on Friday and not have to get back in it until Monday morning. (that was if I didn't take the Metro to work!)

Jenn
      Edited by: jloreine at: 7/29/02 9:15:13 am

Comment

Coming back from vacations can be a bit of downer sometimes... We experience that when we go to germany to visit family...it's as if we never left when we get there...and then when we get home...it's as if we never went...

I'm glad that you had a good time though, Jenn. It's time to start planning your next trip!....and the condo appreciation...woohoo!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
        Douglas Adams

Comment

Jenn--

I'm glad that you got to take a break but I know how frustrating it must be to come back. Here's hoping that you can get away again real soon.

Congrats on the home equity loan--real estate returns are awesome right now! We obsessively watch what condos in our neighborhood go for. It is addictive.

Anyway, glad to have you back.

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome back - Start planning the next vacation!!!

Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
            X