Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When does school start for your kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think you all start early. WE start Aug 26!

Can not wait!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

8/13...and I'm counting down every minute.

Comment

8/15 here too. DD1 will be starting 1st grade She's excited and I'm ready for a break. Preschool for DD2 won't start until September. I'm still waiting for a call to confirm she got in since she's been on the waiting list FOREVER!
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We're starting "school" officially this next Monday - August 13th. I already have all of my curriculum materials so I figure, "Why not?" I'm still getting the extracurricular stuff figured out (music theory, piano, ice-skating, swimming) but we're good to go on the rest!

I'm starting a bit on the early side so we can get at least 10 weeks of solid work in before I have the baby.
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I have had the hardest time trying to pick a "date" to get serious. I think we'll be starting late though. Oct 1. I want to take advantage of Sept when everyone is busy back to school to do lots of field trips.

Comment

Ahhh, and there is the beauty, Janet! You can "officially" begin whenever you want! (Same goes for "ending" things as well).

And, September is the BEST time for field trips - it's before the school districts start doing field trips and things are relatively dead during the schoolday! A few years ago we OWNED the Smithsonian museums for all of September. The kids and I would literally be the only people in the entire Natural History museum outside of the staff for entire mornings in September. It was so cool.
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

My girls have a 1/2 day on the 22nd and go full time on the 23rd. We're going to the uniform store tomorrow to buy each one a new jumper and new dress shirts. My mom went into hysterics when she saw one of my Maggie's jumpers with safety pins holding the hem up. LOL I failed clothing construction in college. She sews like a mad woman (made her own wedding gown). Total opposites! I could hem it, but the last one I did took 3 hours.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
                  We're going to the uniform store tomorrow to buy each one a new jumper and new dress shirts.

We just found out, 4 days into the school year, that the district no longer requires uniforms. Sheesh. You'd think they've have told us this was coming down the pike before school started so families wouldn't have to buy them, especially those on super tight budgets.

Sorry...I'll go away now. :banghead:

Comment

Working...
                  X