Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weekend Plans??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Plans??

Anyone have anything exciting happening in the Dog Days of Summer? (Just heard that the Romans called it that because Sirius is visable in the early morning sky this time of year. Who knew?)

Tonight we are going to meet our friend at the local Indian Buffet for some yummy stuff. Nikolai is a huge fan of the mango pudding and the semolina cakes.

Tomorrow and Sunday morning we're going to the new school to put in some hours for the co-op doing grounds and building prep. They said I could bring him so I will. I have to buy him a nap mat at some point, too.

Other than that, I think we'll do some dog walking, pool sitting, ice cream eating summer stuff.

Jenn

My parents are driving to MN as we speak - tomorrow is my 31st birthday so they are coming to hang out until Monday. Nothing to exciting planned, we're going to one of our favorite restaurants tomorrow night for dinner. Dad and DH will go pick up the dresser for the nursery (and hopefully the crib) and maybe put them together.

Other then that we're just hanging out - they picked a good weekend to visit, it'll be about 10 degrees cooler here then in KS.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We are going to Galena IL for DH's b-day. Only taking the baby- the big kids are with my in-laws :rah:
      Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

I'm actually doing something exciting for a change!

I'm heading up to NH to hike with some college friends of mine. It's a minor miracle that 7 of us managed to get free time that was on the same weekend but I am thrilled. Thrilled because it will be SO fun but also thrilled because it's one less weekend sitting around wishing I could afford to fly to Cleveland to be with the BF.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

My parents are coming up to hang out for the day, it's been a couple of months since we've seen them (or, as they see it, it's been a couple of months since they've seen DS (even though they only live two hours away ; I'm a bad daughter)). Anyway, I'm introducing them to Trader Joe's, we're taking DS to the park, and then going out for dinner. We have no plans for Sunday. It should be a nice weekend.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We have a page-long list of things I'd like to accomplish this weekend. Most important to me is to unpack the LR/DR, which has had a solid wall of boxes in it for the past month. It's driving me nuts.

Of course, when I had DH look over the list last night and asked him what he didn't think we'd be able to get to, he said "I'll have studying to do; we should save the unpacking and see if we have time"

*sigh*
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I'm getting ready to leave for TX on Monday! We may also do a spur-of-the moment day trip to N. Dakota with the kids on Saturday!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Nothing too exciting. DH and I are planning a quiet date with our netflix movies tonight. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Oh, and I'm sure I'll further my efforts in putting off updating my resume.

Comment

SO and I are going to a med student social thing tonight (I never enjoy those things....oh well.) After about an hour of that, we're going to meet some of my photographer friends to see the Wailers.

Tomorrow, I have more unpacking to do plus I'm going to spend a couple of hours teaching SO's Mom how to use Photoshop. She's been asking for a while now. If I get extra time, I might paint my bedroom. The walls are an icky yellowy color and I want them minty blue/green. We'll see.

Otherwise, I'm going to spend as much time outside as possible while I can enjoy the cool weather. It's supposed to be around 93 degrees tomorrow and Sunday! Yay! (Hey, it's VERY cool compared to 105+ w/ 100% humidity, k?? Ask Heidi - I think she's in the heat wave too.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stella
                    (Hey, it's VERY cool compared to 105+ w/ 100% humidity, k?? Ask Heidi - I think she's in the heat wave too.)
                    We are living in a steam room. Seriously. From our local news

Another record breaking day is expected tomorrow. High temperatures will be in the range of 100-108 with heat indices in the range of 108-118. The heat index is expected to be at dangerous levels by 11 a.m. All strenous work should stop at that time.
                    Darn, and I was thinking of doing some strenuous work today.

It's 106 now. Hot, but I will take it over snow ANY day.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Going to work tomorrow boo. and after work DH is cooking dinner for my dad and younger brother (mom and sis are on ladies vacation w/o me in the DR)

Sunday we are cooking for one of DH's classmates. (Her husband asked for a divorce less than a year after they were married...asked her while she was studying for the boards...so we are going to try and cheer her up)
                      Danielle
                      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

DH has to work this weekend , so...

this is the perfect time for me do to what I've been putting off. I've been taking pictures all day and finishing up some projects so that I can update my current eBay store listings and add some new items and combinations. The actual listing descriptions, pricing, and uploading is tedious, but once it's done - it's done.

Also, sprinkle in a couple of trips to the pool for the kids. I'm trying to take them as much as possible before school starts back.

Oh, and someone HAS to cut the grass this weekend.

So all in all, nothing spectacular here.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                          Oh, and someone HAS to cut the grass this weekend.
                          Heh. "Mow lawn (if dry)" is on my list. Did you get the same torrents we did the last couple days?
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Most definitely, Sandy! The grass has grown more this week than it has in all the time since we moved in thanks to the torrents.

Also, I've found all the leaks in the basement and garage thanks to the heavy downpours. The previous owner was supposed to fix the garage leak that the home inspector found, obviously she didn't do it. I'm thinking of putting a second dehumidifier in the basement now, the one can't keep up.

Comment

Nothing all that exciting here. I should mow the lawn too, but it has to stop raining first.

Dh works all weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X