Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DH is bringing home diseases!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry cleaner it is. I remember after that study came out I sent all of my husband's ties to the cleaners at once. Of course I didn't think about how much it was going to cost to get them all back!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Stella
      jem - Just use color safe bleach.
      Thanks, I tried it last night and it worked! Thank you all for your suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by JulesKC
        I'm a little bit of a germ-phobe...but DH has a separate laundry basket to put his yucky scrubs in. If it were up to me, he'd just exchange them at the hospital for a new pair each day :huh: ...but whatever, he's kinda weird about his scrubs.
        Ugh... I asked DH why he doesn't just exchange them and he got all huffy with me. I proceeded to ask him if he could just kindly explain to me what the process was to exchange them... and you know how the story goes.

Anyway, I have a seperate bag that I placed aside for him to put his scrubs in. I told him that I don't mind washing them as long as he puts it in that bag. We'll see how that works out. I swear it's like dealing with a kid sometimes.

Comment

Russ' clinic follows the necktie=glaucoma so they don't wear them . But I did wash his neckties in the machine once b/c of that study and most of them survived....some were mishapen though and had to be pressed.

I wash all of our scrubs separately, but they often touch other clothes in the laundry....grrr....Russ....can't manage to keep them separate.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Scrubs get washed with all the other clothes (including the baby's). As for the ties, all of his ties (except the ones he bought last weekend) are going to the drycleaners this weekend. And I think I'll wipe down his pager, phone and PDA (his hospital issues PDAs to all the residents).
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

why doesn't your dh just leave his scrubs at the hospital? i know dh isn't even allowed to leave with them, let alone wearing them....?? :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by CityChic919
                why doesn't your dh just leave his scrubs at the hospital? i know dh isn't even allowed to leave with them, let alone wearing them....?? :huh:
                Yes, I keep asking myself this same question!

Comment

I *wish* it was that simple.

He literally throws a FIT! :fight:

I just tell myself that there are bigger fish to fry and let it go.

I'm so envious of all you ladies out there who don't have to put up with this

I wish his hospital would prohibit them from wearing scrubs outside the facility.

He won't listen to me, but will for his work. Go figure.

Comment

Citychic- Love your siggy picture by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jem
                      haha thanks!!

why do they put up such a fit about not wearing them home? is it just that they don't want to take the extra step of changing back into street clothes before they leave for the day?

Comment

I just want to add that fiance came home this week with 2 white coats in hand and a huge grin on his face. He said he was going to go down to the basement and wash his coats. In our brand new washing machine. And dry them. In our brand new dryer. I put the smack down. He looked sullen and walked them back out to the car. I don't DO white coats in the house. Nasty filthy rotten things.

Ew.

did I mention I am a semester away from a Masters in Public Health? I'm slightly phobic about MRSA. Plus I have a less than stellar immune system. So my family refers to "Eileen's issues of public health-iness" around me. They laughed at my purchase of color coded plastic cutting boards, one for poultry, one for fish, one for beef, one for veggies. easily sanitizable. I mean come on people. I'm just saying cleanliness is good is all. Really.

Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by jem
                          haha thanks!!

why do they put up such a fit about not wearing them home? is it just that they don't want to take the extra step of changing back into street clothes before they leave for the day?
                          DH "claims" that it is this huge long process...

And whines that he would rather just leave than have to walk down to the basement to exchange them out.

Wah. Wah. Wah. That's all I hear.

I can really sympathize that you have had a long hard day at work. But don't bring work home with you (literally!).

Comment

HIJACK/

Originally posted by Mrs. McPads
                            They laughed at my purchase of color coded plastic cutting boards, one for poultry, one for fish, one for beef, one for veggies. easily sanitizable.
                            That's what the restaurants do! I use plastic for meats and bamboo for veggies, so I understand. I think it's a great idea.

/HIJACK

Comment

DH was a food inspector in his previous life-- he used to be so anal about all this clenliness stuff in the kitchen. (he was the government prick who made the restaurants use all those special cutting boards!) When I pointed out, without of course revealing my source , that he puts his pager and cell down on our kitchen counters, he just about fell over. Hilarious!

Of course, now we have to buy more of the clorox wipes for his new obsession... wiping down his pager.
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by jem
                                DH "claims" that it is this huge long process...

And whines that he would rather just leave than have to walk down to the basement to exchange them out.

Wah. Wah. Wah. That's all I hear.

I can really sympathize that you have had a long hard day at work. But don't bring work home with you (literally!).
                                haha puh-lease...it's like an extra 10 minutes...maybe just change the locks and don't give him a key until he complies

Comment

Working...
                                X