Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your least favorite chore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your least favorite chore?

I'm procrastinating cleaning the house today. The only thing I've actually made progress on is the laundry.

My least favorite chore? Vacuuming. Quite possibly because we have four flights of stairs to vacuum. Yuck.
    :dyson:

I'd rather clean the bathroom than vacuum.
    Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

I hate mopping the kitchen floor with a passion.

Comment

Re: What's your least favorite chore?

Originally posted by Urowife
      I'm procrastinating cleaning the house today. The only thing I've actually made progress on is the laundry.

My least favorite chore? Vacuuming. Quite possibly because we have four flights of stairs to vacuum. Yuck.
      :dyson:

I'd rather clean the bathroom than vacuum.
      Anything involving super-grossness...like cleaning out the refrigerator and finding a crumpled up bag of shredded cheese pushed way in the back...that was opened 4 months ago and is now developing new forms of life.

Comment

My lesat favorite is emptying the dishwasher. It annoys me but I do it because I hate dished piled in my sink even more.

Jenn

Comment

I hate laundry. Hate it. I love the *smell* of laundry but I hate doing it. So I only do laundry about every month and a half or two months. I'd rather buy new underwear than do laundry. No wonder I'm poor.

Comment

It would have to be laundry as my DDs love to wear several outfits a day and are convinced they are all dirty=lots of "dirty" laundry :P

Comment

I hate to fold clothes (therefore our loveseat holds a huge pile of clean laundry that is moved to my bed whenever someone comes over). I also don't like doing dishes. Or mopping. Or ironing. Or cleaning the bathrooms.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I hate ironing. I dont even iron any of my clothes, just DH's shirts but it is still too much!

Comment

just DH's shirts but it is still too much!
                  Back when we were dating and I was still trying to impress him w/ my über girlfriendness- I attempted to iron his uniform.

Well, I apparently hadn't read the booklet or used the handy-dandy ruler that is provided to esnure that the seams are exactly here and in an exact angle of X degrees from here and other silliness.

So, as a result, I've never had to iron anything of his, ever again. Unintential but powerful in it's later usefulness as a behavior modificaiton tool. (aka let him think he's better at it than I am...)

Jenn

Comment

I've offered to drop DH's shirts off at the dry cleaner. That's about as close to ironing them as I'm willing to get. He's too cheap so he just irons them himself. We just bought him more shirts last weekend. I think he is realizing what a pain it is to iron when you're tired. LOL
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Stella
                      I hate laundry. Hate it. I love the *smell* of laundry but I hate doing it. So I only do laundry about every month and a half or two months. I'd rather buy new underwear than do laundry. No wonder I'm poor.
                      Holy cow! My whole family would be so naked by the second month! Stella, no wonder you hate to do laundry! I would too if I had 1-2 months worth to do!

Comment

I can not stand to take out the trash!!!! It smells. It's heavy. So we have this agreement that it's his chore not mine.

Of the chores that I do, my least favorite is cleaning the bathtub. I don't know why but I just don't like leaning over and scrubbing it.

Comment

I don't mind laundry so much, but don't like making the beds - putting the new sheets on and stuff. And I hate folding fitted sheets - they always come out looking like a three year old did it.
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Mine would HAVE to be ironing - hate it!
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                              Mine would HAVE to be ironing - hate it!
                              Nobody in this house irons clothes. I'd prefer to wear wrinkled shirts, and DW has refused to iron anything since her teenage years when her mother would force her to iron everybody's underwear.
                              However, I do end up using the iron frequently, because DD is way into the fuse beads thing at the moment - we've got them hanging on every window, and at the office.
                              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                              X