Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Doctor or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmdcblack
    My wife is sought after for adjustments by her staff, and the staff of a few other clinics. It is quite amazing to see a DO using the manipulation, done properly, to help patients.
    Same with my DH. He's also had some ER preceptors (MD's) who've asked him to take a look at and manipulate patients with back issues. I'm sure as a DO spouse you've been on the receiving end of OMT, too. Personally, I love it! Just one more perk of DH's education, as far as I'm concerned.

:stars:

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot
      Originally posted by gmdcblack
      My wife is sought after for adjustments by her staff, and the staff of a few other clinics. It is quite amazing to see a DO using the manipulation, done properly, to help patients.
      Same with my DH. He's also had some ER preceptors (MD's) who've asked him to take a look at and manipulate patients with back issues. I'm sure as a DO spouse you've been on the receiving end of OMT, too. Personally, I love it! Just one more perk of DH's education, as far as I'm concerned.

:stars:
      Very much so!
      Needs

Comment

MD: Doctor? Yes!

DO: Doctor? Yes!

Dentist? Podiatrist? Not necessarily medical doctors but they have their medical "subspecialties" and are justifiably called "Doctor".

Chiropractor? NO. Massage therapists are not doctors either.

And, unless one is actually using that doctorate to teach a PhD is not automatically used to place the word "Doctor" at the front of the name.
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

:huh: Massage therapist? My mom is a massage therapist and I don't think she would ever consider herself a doctor or expect to be called one.

Comment

and I know several non-teaching PhD's who sort of expect you to use the Dr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabula Rasa
              MD: Doctor? Yes!

DO: Doctor? Yes!

Dentist? Podiatrist? Not necessarily medical doctors but they have their medical "subspecialties" and are justifiably called "Doctor".

Chiropractor? NO. Massage therapists are not doctors either.

And, unless one is actually using that doctorate to teach a PhD is not automatically used to place the word "Doctor" at the front of the name.
              Ditto TR- some people in my experience lavish on the Dr title. Think of Dr Love! Dr Evil!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                :huh: Massage therapist? My mom is a massage therapist and I don't think she would ever consider herself a doctor or expect to be called one.
                I threw that in there because I equate the validity of the 'doctor' title for chiro's as on-par with a massage therapist calling him/herself a 'doctor'.

My mil was a massage therapist prior to her current career. I love, love, love massage therapists!
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

The doctor that paid the most attention to me, and truly seemed to care, during a period of multiple surgeries, etc. was a DO. She was the ONLY primary care I could get to listen to me. So many things were wrong at one time, and that also messes with your mind. She was the best doctor I have had to this day, and I swear its the training in the mind-body stuff. DF is an MD, but I try not to hold that against him

Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by Tabula Rasa
                    Originally posted by cupcake
                    I threw that in there because I equate the validity of the 'doctor' title for chiro's as on-par with a massage therapist calling him/herself a 'doctor'.

My mil was a massage therapist prior to her current career. I love, love, love massage therapists!
                    Ok. I was going to say, that is a new one on me!

Isn't it nice to be related to a massage therapist?

Comment

Working...
                    X