Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ready for fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always cracks me up, how on PHX's "coldest" day of the winter,when they interview people on the street about the weather, they always find the ones wearing shorts...they are inevitably from the midwest
    I can't say I've worn shorts yearlong here, but I have yet to break out a coat of any kind.

Comment

What are these cooler days and cooler nights you speak of?
      :waiting:

Comment

I love the change of seasons, too! It will be welcome here, as it's been quite warm lately.

I've been told to enjoy fall here because it lasts for one week and then we get six months of hard core winter. We did get a flyer on the door today advertising snow-plowing our driveway all winter for $220. (?????) As a southern-girl-moved-north this is foreign talk!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
          I've been told to enjoy fall here because it lasts for one week and then we get six months of hard core winter. We did get a flyer on the door today advertising snow-plowing our driveway all winter for $220. (?????) As a southern-girl-moved-north this is foreign talk!
          Sadly the statement about fall rings pretty true. It will last more like a month, and then you start getting lots of icky rain. Winter will either be lots of icky / wet /sleety stuff, or hardcore winter that comes and stays. I prefer the latter, b/c the prior just causes freezing then thawing then back again, and you end up with piles of gray / brown ice.

Either the $220 will be a fantastic deal, or you'll get screwed. There never seems to be an inbetween winter there.

Good luck.

Comment

ooooh, I love it too! Makes me want to put out my fall decorations (I have a special doormat!) and bake things with apples. And DH and I get so excited to go pick out our pumpkin each year. I'm such a cheese, I know!

Comment

I'm so not a fan of any season but summer. I was pregnant last fall and winter. I have a red coat. Looked like a freakin' ladybug because the stupid coat would close over the huge belly. I'm not pregnant anymore (he's 5 1/2 months now) but I'm still not looking forward to cooler temps.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I love the fall and spring. They are my favorite seasons. I thought the fall was starting to come here, but alas, this last week has been humidity heat hell. sigh. Come on cooler weather!! :rah:
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Ooohhh, fiddlegirl- now I want to go to the apple orchard. We like to do the hayrides at the orchard, what is better than that!

And I just put out my fall door mat this morning!!! Funny!

Comment

NYC in the fall is gorgeous. My mom and I were there last October.

It's a real blink and miss in Chicago. Fall in Seattle is long and wet, and the evergreens don't really show fall colors much!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I miss the fall. Nothing ever changes here in S. FL. It goes from super hot/humid to less hot/humid.

We may be relocating to a more seasonal location after residency. Maybe even back to MI.

The long gray winters are depressing though.
                      Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Working...
                      X