Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's lovefest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trader Joe's lovefest

Y'all are crazy! Hmm...maybe I need to take a little road trip.......

Comment

I'm telling you Sandy, if you like peppermint and you like Oreos, you have got to try these. And they have crunchy candy bits! Not just peppermint flavoring!

I'm sorry Jenn.

The TJ checkout guy told me that someone was selling them on ebay last year. This after flattering me by his guess of my birth year (when I got carded). I need to go to TJs more often.

Comment

I LOVE their Mango Acai Berry juice. It's so hard to find acai products so I was happy to find this juice there. My other favorites are the soy pitas and dark chocolate banana chips. Yum!

Comment

I almost think we need a separate Trader Joe's forum for product reviews, love fests, and the like. We have a post like this about once a month!

DH loves their salsa authentica. It is thin, not chunky like most store salsas, and is a lot more like what you'd find in a restaurant.

I have to say though that Central Market could totally replace Trader Joes as my lover. Trader Joes does have a small price advantage, their own product line advantage, and number and vicinity of stores advantage, but Central Market has a WOW advantage, number of products advantage, it's amazing. I keep having these food dreams....
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

TJ's also has a salsa that is more like a pico de gallo that my DH loves.

Darn it, all this talk is making me need to go to TJ's today.

We haven't had the orange chicken in a while. And, I've got to try those JoJos, never even heard of them...

Comment

I did my weekly TJs trip this morning.

I love their raw crumbled blue cheese on my salads... especially with raw sunflower seeds that I toast in a pan right before adding to the salad! yum. I usually get the organic salad greens mixed with herbs. Today those looked a little slimey so I got the cut up romaine leaves and baby spinach leaves instead. I just make salad dressing with olive oil, balsamic or other vinegar or lemon and maybe some sour cream.

I like the ease of the big bag of frozen chicken breasts. If I don't know what else to make for dinner... it's so easy to pop a few of those in the oven for 35 minutes. The lemon pepper tastes good on them with the unfiltered olive oil.

I'm addicted to the plantain chips and we use them with the TJs fresh salsa quite often instead of corn tortilla chips.

My kids really like the mini whole wheat bagels.

I use the pizza sauce on our pizzas every friday night.

Dh and ds like some of the canned soups in their thermoses at lunch time. Ds especially likes chicken noodle (surprised?). They also LOVE the clam chowder.

I think the new European Style Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt is awesome - zip it up with some frozen berries and raw honey (not from TJs).

If dd is with me, we usually buy whatever they are sampling for dinner that night.

I hope there is a TJs wherever we end up for residency! Oh wow... another column on the spreadsheet?

m

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                And....I spied some of the candy cane Jojos.
                On your recommendation I got some. Mmmmm. OK, someone tell me if I'm nuts but I SWEAR Thin Mints used to have a creamy mint patty on top of the chocolate cookie, all dipped in chocolate. I remember scraping the mint off with my teeth and then eating the cookie. These Joe-Joes totally flash me back to those memories! Are they hallucinations?

I have two TJs within 5 miles of me. Also two Whole Foods within 15 minutes.

Originally posted by monadatter
                I hope there is a TJs wherever we end up for residency! Oh wow... another column on the spreadsheet?
                You mean it's not on there yet?! (Actually this didn't become a factor for us until we matched, at which point I ranked potential places to live by proximity to TJs. )
                Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog

Originally posted by monadatter
                  You mean it's not on there yet?! (Actually this didn't become a factor for us until we matched, at which point I ranked potential places to live by proximity to TJs. )
                  I do have grocery information for a few of the cities on our list... but only know at one that TJs is 45 minutes away . It's probably pretty easy to check them all on TJs website. It really does matter whether there's a decent grocery store nearby! It's a real inconvenience when there's not.

I also would like to have a good natural foods co-op nearby and also a locally grown farmer's market.

m

Comment

Ok, when I'm not working anymore I'm going to have to make the 90 minute drive to TJ's at lest once/month. You guys are all killing me.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The 4 pack of chocolate filled croissants are awesome! I take them out, let them proof over night in my microwave, then bake them in the oven in the AM... they are really good!
                      We buy the apple blossoms, for a nice warm dessert in the "winter" (not lthat it ever gets cold here).

Comment

:nothing:
                        I love some of their staples -basil marinara, cereals, cocco/chocolate almonds, etc. I still go once a week although the crowds are making it less pleasant. Are the lines in some of your TJ's wrapped all the way around the store to the door like mine with people packed like sardines trying to grab items off the shelves? Sigh. I wish they would open another!
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                          The 4 pack of chocolate filled croissants are awesome! I take them out, let them proof over night in my microwave, then bake them in the oven in the AM... they are really good!
                          I agree - these are yummy!
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Thank you again TJs! I am so grateful that one of ds' favorite snacks is greek yogurt with maple syrup and cranberries. So easy and somewhat healthy.

Comment

I love the greek yogurt at TJs! My new favorite snack is greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds and lots of honey.

Comment

Ooh. That does sound good.

Comment

Working...
                                X