Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joe's lovefest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trader Joe's lovefest

Originally posted by cupcake
    I love the greek yogurt at TJs! My new favorite snack is greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds and lots of honey.
    I used my homemade yogurt and did the same, and sent it to school with Jacob. He loved it, but said the other kids gave it the stink-eye. I told him it doesn't matter if they like what he eats -- it only matters that he likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
      I love the greek yogurt at TJs! My new favorite snack is greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds and lots of honey.
      I used my homemade yogurt and did the same, and sent it to school with Jacob. He loved it, but said the other kids gave it the stink-eye. I told him it doesn't matter if they like what he eats -- it only matters that he likes it.
      My ds is nutty for the greek yogurt with honey. If I want him to be happy I just make sure I have one for his all important "after school snack" when I pick him up from school. I just started making my own yogurt and both kids liked it with the raw honey I already had at home. Pomegranate seeds sounds like a neat addition! I'll give it a try.

Comment

Ides, are either Rego Park or Brooklyn Heights locations near you?

A new TJ's just opened next to my parents. I think my mom had something to do with it in the hopes that I'd visit more often.

Comment

I signed up to bring some snacks to a school soiree tomorrow. I made a quick trip today to pick up some sesame cashews and chocolate covered ginger (one for school, one for me ). And....I spied some of the candy cane Jojos.

I opened the box in the parking lot. OMG. I tried to get these last year but they were always out of stock when I was shopping. I had no idea what I was missing. There is even a crunch of peppermints in the filling. I'm in love.
          Now I know the feeling. My MIL just sent me a box of these the other day. OMG is right. They. are. SO GOOD. I'm trying to persuade myself that I don't need her to send me another box (I've already consumed half ). My hips certainly don't need it. But YUM, the rest of me does.

She also sent me the cutest little snowman favor boxes, little 2 x 2" cubes with a caramel chocolate snowman inside. $4 for a package of a dozen. I'm planning to put them in the gift baskets I'm making for the secretaries at the hospital.

Can't wait until I can shop at a TJ's again!
          Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

I just went to TJ's last week and bought a box of the candy cane Jo Jo's for the first time. Why wasn't I told about these before???!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Oh yes. The Candy Cane JoJo. I've had a couple people (that I love very much) be kind enough to send me these cookies. If there is a heaven, those women are first in line!

Comment

We got 3 boxes when we went to TJs last weekend. Guy at the register told us someone had been in a few days earlier and bought *50* boxes.

They're quite yummy.
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I just ate 3 Jo Jo's before bed. YUM!

Comment

I wanted to post my 1000th post in a special place...why not a Trader Joes thread I have almost packed up the entire kitchen so we are now living off of Trader Joes frozen meals until the move...how I love their orange chicken and dark chocolate covered pretzels. Do you really need anything else to survive
                    Danielle
                    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

We're having TJ's orange chicken for dinner tonight!!
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Oh I do LOVE Trader Joe's! But I only get it when I go home to my parent's house... although there is one an hour and a half from here but I haven't made the trip yet.

Anyone remember the peanut butter Joe Joe's? They were great - I was very disapointed last time I went and they told me they stopped carrying them a while ago
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                        X