Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday, anyone, anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday, anyone, anyone

Who's doing the whole Black Friday craziness? I can't, you-know-who is working. I heard a commercial that Kmart is offering buy 2 get 1 free on Lego sets. Anyone heard of any fantastic deals.

I have to say that I feel slightly less grinchy this year now that I've become a little more financially reckless due to this whole fellowship thing. I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: Black Friday, anyone, anyone

Nope, will not be shopping. I am not up for that craziness.

DD really needs some shoes though so I might have to go sometime over the weekend. But not to a mall.

Kelly -- c'mon! You are my grinch in arms! I read an article about this the other day and thought of you:
    http://www.adventconspiracy.org/

(It is on the religious side of the spectrum).

Comment

I will be at work at 4am - yes, you read that right 4am on Friday!

I will NEVER shop on Black Friday under my own will again - this job has ruined shopping for me. I'll never be able to walk into a mall the same again.

For those of you that are braving the craziness - you should see if you have a GGP mall in your neighborhood, almost all malls are giving away 500 goodie bags to the first 500 shoppers and some of the bags have prizes including a Wii, $250 gift card, etc.

ENJOY!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I was just going to post something about Black Friday. I really want a laptop and Dell is currently having a sale that ends on Wednesday. What are the chances of them having an even bigger sale over the weekend? I have found any better deals by scanning retail Black Friday ads.

Amazon and a bunch of other online retails are having sales on Friday too. So the rest of you can join all the fun online.

Comment

Oh, Nellie, I really like that website. This is usually how I feel about the commercial aspect. But there is always that superpractical side of me that can't handle a budget out of whack. She has left the building now.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I hit the mall on Blk Fri. last year - I don't think I can do it again - too many people squeezed in too small of a space for my tastes. Plus, I'll unfortunately be spending some quality time studying, boo.

Comment

yeah, no. I can't do it.

Comment

I don't remember this shopping craziness when I was growing up. It's relatively new, isn't it?

Don't you dare tell my bil about this. I'm going to pretend like I'm oblivious to it all!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I got great black friday deals online last year. Most of the stores had the same prices online as in the stores. I don't know if it will be the same this year. This year I am pretty much done shopping.

We got our laptop last year on Black Friday from Dell. I googled Dell Black Friday on Black Friday, and found a great deal through a backdoor site that led to Dell's site. Anyway, we ended up getting a $3000 dollar laptop for $1300. We had to call Dell to get them to honor the price because checkout wasn't working, it kept bumping the price up to $1600 or something like that. But, anyway, that's my story.

Last year I got a V-smile for DD from Walmart online for $30 (they were $60). It only came in orange. I took it back to the store and exchanged it for the pink one a week later.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Nope, not doing it here either. I can't handle all that craziness.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

dh is doing a 24hr shift...so no black friday for me.

even if he wasnt working, i still wouldnt do it. i cannot take the crowds and we dont have the molah.
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I loved retail on the big sale days also. I worked in the clothing department in a large department store and it was the only time it was ever interesting to work there.

But now? Unless I can get it at the PX- it's coming via the computer.

Jenn

Comment

Heidi, thanks for the Dell tips. Off to Google.

Comment

It's a hit or miss for me depending on great the deal is. I'm hoping that Wal-Mart or Target will have some cheap DVD players this year since DD's tends to break them and we could use a couple. It would be nice if I could get some of the same prices online without having to battle the crowds....

Unfortuntately, both DD's want Build a Bear Workshop clothing and I've never seen that stuff on sale. Even the ebay auctions are expensive.
                            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
                              It's a hit or miss for me depending on great the deal is. I'm hoping that Wal-Mart or Target will have some cheap DVD players this year since DD's tends to break them and we could use a couple. It would be nice if I could get some of the same prices online without having to battle the crowds....

Unfortuntately, both DD's want Build a Bear Workshop clothing and I've never seen that stuff on sale. Even the ebay auctions are expensive.
                              http://www.dealtaker.com/blackfriday.html
                              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X