Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your song?

I was wondering if you all have a song with your significant other?

I'm not married yet so I can't count a first dance song. If there's one song to describe us it would be Vanessa William's "Save the Best for Last".

We were best friends for 2 years before we began dating. Worked together, worked out together, carpooled, etc. I was in another serious relationship at the time but was getting more and more unhappy. When my boyfriend realized that my ex was about to propose (despite my telling him the answer would be no), he took me aside and said "Look, you have to know I'm madly in love with you. I've been dating other girls and asking you for advice because I can't have you. This might make things weird between us but you have to know that I don't think xxx is right for you, because I know I'm right for you."

It took me about 1 split second to know how right he was. I'd been in love with him forever but thought I had no chance. It took me a little while to get out of my other relationship but I have never looked back. I'm still madly in love and I'm so glad I saved the best for last...
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Re: What's your song?

Our song when we were dating: Billy Joel- I love you just the way you are.

The song that currently comes to mind: John Mellencamp- I need a lover that won't drive me crazy.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Climie Fisher - Rise To The Occasion
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Peter Gabriel- In Your Eyes

Comment

DH says Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Pride & Joy" always makes him think of me. We got back together thanks to Dave Matthews -- "Crash" specifically. "These Are Days" from 10,000 Maniacs was the background music to our photo montage at our wedding, and Goo Goo Dolls "Slide" was all over the radio the weekend we got married, so we always liked the "Do you wanna get married, and run away" line.

Comment

Crazy Love - Van Morrison version
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

DH has mentioned that "She's a Maniac" reminds him of me. I told him it would be worse. How about "She's a Man-Eater"?

Comment

A Whole New World from Alladin

Don't ask.

Comment

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - "Over the Rainbow"

Comment

We have lots from early in our relationship but the one we still refer to most (he quoted it in his med school year book!) is You're still the one by Shania Twain
                    It's all about taking the long and difficult way, yep that's us!

Comment

Wow, we have a ton, but the ones that come to mind are:

Crazy Love-Brian McKnight (Wedding Song)
                      Leather & Lace-Stevie Nicks & Don Henley
                      In Your Eyes-Peter Gabriel
                      If You're Gone-Matchbox 20 (our bittersweet dating days)
                      Three Times a Lady-Commodores (he's serenaded me with this song :mydoc
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I've Got you Under my Skin - Frank Sinatra version

Comment

Ours is "Crush" by Dave Matthews Band

Not sure if this fits - but whenever DH does stuff around the house I play "You need a man around here" by Brad Paisley.
                          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

The Best is Yet to Come -- the Tony Bennett version was the first dance at our wedding. :sweet:

Comment

"Case of You" Joni Mitchell, the Blue album. I knew Jory was serious when he gave me his copy of blue and asked me to take it home and listen to that song. He siad it made him think of me. Damn, I forgot he could be a little romantic. I love the rivers, and we got married on the banks of the Delaware river. He asked me to meet him at the river when he gave me the song to listen to. Kind of dorky I guess, but oh how I love him (most days)!!!!
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X