Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your song?

Our song is also Crash by Dave Matthews, the first song we ever danced to. We didn't use it at our wedding b/c we didn't think our proper catholic families would appreciate it.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

De Camino A La Vereda by Buena Vista Social Club.

Comment

"How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You"
        -James Taylor
        Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Originally posted by bugs
          We have lots from early in our relationship but the one we still refer to most (he quoted it in his med school year book!) is You're still the one by Shania Twain
          It's all about taking the long and difficult way, yep that's us!
          Wowza, that takes me back.

I remember DH calling me when I was living in Clayton, MO, and told me to change the channel to see/hear a Shania Twain's song, that he said reminded him of us:"From this Moment".
          Savage Gardens "I New I Loved You" was another pop hit that was prominent in the beginning of our courtship.
          Fly Me to The Moon sung by by Frank is our Classic...we have had a few over the years that we've consider "special songs" but these 3, I would say are probably the main ones.

Comment

Speak Softly Love was our first dance song. Bobby Vinton and Al Martino both sang versions...it was the love theme from the Godfather (Michael and Appolonia's song).
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Michele:

the love theme from the Godfather (Michael and Appolonia's song).
              My previous bf gave me a music box with this tune on it. It was kind of weird. I felt like it would blow up at the end of the song, a la Tony Soprano.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

No song. Well, I decided that Queen's Best Friend was our song.

But when your wedding reception takes place in your parent's backyard...there's no song. No dancing. Just really good food, hilarious conversations and a LOT of champagne.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                  Michele:

the love theme from the Godfather (Michael and Appolonia's song).
                  My previous bf gave me a music box with this tune on it. It was kind of weird. I felt like it would blow up at the end of the song, a la Tony Soprano.

Kelly

I sometimes think about that when I turn on my car.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Cheri- We DID use Crash as our wedding song! We tried to have a bunch of dance moves so that we could distract the more conservative guests with the moves instead of the words.

Comment

Tara,

I have to say, your choice of a 'Crue' song threw me for the loop. Are you a closet metal head? And to think that I thought that I knew you.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Tara we have very similar tastes in music! BTW I loved loved loved going to brum & bugle corp competitions! I used to try and catch them on PBS when I lived back in the midwest! I did flags and rifle in HS.

Comment

Lonestar's "Amazed". It was our wedding song.

Comment

We don't have a particular song, but whenever something from the grunge-era comes on the radio (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam), we have a moment of recognition. My German husband was just as crazy about that music as I was, as a girl growing up in the middle of it all. He thinks it's so cool that I'm from Seattle.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We don't have an official song, but many that remind us of our lives together. My latest favorite is from Michael Buble, Everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X