Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holy Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Snow

It snowed all day long (though it has finally stopped) and our area schools were amongst the only to NOT have an early release day. :huh: Andrew's school ended up pulling the plug and I had to pick him up an hour early. I left 35 minutes before I had to be there and was 30 minutes LATE picking him up. Then I had to round up Amanda and Alex. The streets were horrible because they just don't plow around here, which I don't understand. The plows were all out driving on the roads without their shovels down. :huh: On the way to get Amanda, Andrew and I drove by the school bus that he could be taking...it was jacknived in the ditch.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Holy Snow

It's snowing here too - we're supposed to get over 6" on top of the 3 we already have. DH tried to tell me to be careful if I needed the snow blower to get out of the driveway in the morning (he's on call tonight). I told him pregnant woman don't snow blow and that is why I have 4WD!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

On the way to get Amanda, Andrew and I drove by the school bus that he could be taking...it was jacknived in the ditch.
      Holy. moly. I can't even think about this.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I don't think I am capable of driving in such weather. That's why I'd better stay in the SW!
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I don't think I am capable of driving in such weather. That's why I'd better stay in the SW!
          Don't worry, the Minnesotans don't know how to drive in that weather either.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf

Kelly

Which is why when I was driving to get Andrew in the middle of the snow storm while talking to Kelly on my cell phone and drinking my coffee with the Christmas music and sound of the wipers with frozen crushed up snow in the background that I totally couldn't understand why there were cars that had slipped off into the ditch.

:>

Kris

Comment

It has started to snow in Chicago. I love how it gives the sidewalks a nice, clean look. It covers garbage and icky city crud.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oh, how I miss Minnesota!

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                Originally posted by house elf

Kelly

Which is why when I was driving to get Andrew in the middle of the snow storm while talking to Kelly on my cell phone and drinking my coffee with the Christmas music and sound of the wipers with frozen crushed up snow in the background that I totally couldn't understand why there were cars that had slipped off into the ditch.

:>

Kris
                This just reminded me of long ago - being a college freshman and driving on 94 home to St. Ben's from St. John's (Kris, I'm sure you know where this is) in a snow storm - and my window suddenly went frozen and white and I couldn't see a thing and ended up in the ditch.... wondering what would happen next.

Of course, the next vehicle to come by was a tow truck - and pulled me out within 2 minutes!

Cheers!
                m

Comment

monadatter..that is exactly the area where the bus was off of the road! It was where 94 meets division coming from SJP (St. Johns).

Kris

Comment

Meanwhile, in Anchorage....

....the streets are bare and dry. It's colder than hell (high today and tomorrow of 19F, and windy), but absolutely no snow.

:huh:

It was starting to snow in Cleveland when I left there this morning, and it was going like crazy in MSP when I was there around noon.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                      monadatter..that is exactly the area where the bus was off of the road! It was where 94 meets division coming from SJP (St. Johns).

Kris
                      Weird! I hadn't thought of that in years... but your post jogged my memory.

I wonder if it was a Bennie Bus?

A different time at the same spot after dark a car was heading straight at us going the wrong way on I94!!! I suppose it had something to do with Stearn's County being the alcohol consumption capital of the world (one of them, anyway).

m

Comment

Originally posted by poky
                        Meanwhile, in Anchorage....

....the streets are bare and dry. It's colder than hell (high today and tomorrow of 19F, and windy), but absolutely no snow.

:huh:

It was starting to snow in Cleveland when I left there this morning, and it was going like crazy in MSP when I was there around noon.
                        Hey Sandy - I emailed my friend who lived there and asked for other restaurants for you. Here's what she said:

If her company is paying, then a nice dinner at Simon
                        and Seaforts (just around the corner from snow city).
                        Wonderful places for dinner/lunch but pricey. Glacier
                        Brewhouse is also delicious and more expensive.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
                          We even got a (very little) bit of snow here in DC this morning! Amazingly, they have not yet shut down the government.

Mona: I have a friend who went to St. Ben's. And my dad went to Carleton for a couple years. And I'm sure everyone cares about my Minnesota connections.
                          Carlton is such a great school. One of my best friends went there - but I was too lazy at the time to fill out their lengthy application! Perhaps dd or ds will go there someday - I'm fine at filling out applications for other people....

m

Comment

Pathetic though the snow was, they should've canceled school today. I had to drive around and all the freeways were backed up, major accidents, etc., etc. People just can not handle it. And even though the news "knew it was coming" the overpasses/bridges etc weren't pretreated... :huh:

In the metro DC area they have the delays and accidents from "sun glare" so if the roads and the weather isn't perfect, it's pandemonium...
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

In the metro DC area they have the delays and accidents from "sun glare" so if the roads and the weather isn't perfect, it's pandemonium...
                              Ha! Sounds like Albuquerque!!
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X