Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Years Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Years Plans?

Originally posted by uvagradk
    However, the giant hole in our kitchen ceiling (still waiting on the shower repair / structural remodel) will definitely keep us from having people at our place.
    Kevin, we had a giant hole in the cieling of our kitchen for about 6 months last year. Didn't keep us from having people over!!! LOL.

It did gross me out...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We had Christmas off plus the weekend before, Christmas Eve, and the 26th. Time to pay the piper. So he's working New Years Eve and New Years. That's ok, though. I'm not a big "new years' eve" person.

I did buy $70 worth of booze the other day-- just to feel part of the real world! (Ok, maybe booze is a strong word for Irish Creme, Kahlua, and wine.)

I still fell like I am going to get carded.

Then I look at myself in the mirror and have to face reality.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

DH is on-call, so we need to keep it rather tame. We actually don't have our kids this evening, which is rare. We'll most likely get Thai takeout and finish painting my new clinic. How's that for romantic?!?
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Kevin, we had a giant hole in the cieling of our kitchen for about 6 months last year. Didn't keep us from having people over!!! LOL.

It did gross me out...
          Yeah, well I hear you. Since I'm only one half of the team, and the other has veto power, the "we" was a Victorian one.

Our hole is a double-whammy though. When the showers going, I got a drip bucket for that. And, drumroll please, I also have a bucket below where the toilet is b/c there is some water drippage from that every flush.

We'll probably get the guys (contractor and plumber) to do their thing in February (due to DW's schedule and the location of our bathroom -- within our bedroom so repair post-call or after a night shift is not an option).

Sorry for the

Comment

You mean you don't want to ask people to place the bucket before they flush?

Comment

Sadly, the bucket is on its perch above a cabinet, so guests wouldn't have to place the bucket.

Comment

I am going to ring it in with a 3-year-old and 3-month old. Until 8 at least, when they go to bed. Then I shall watch some TV or something. DW is on call for the second straight year. But it is OK, we'd rather have that and have Christmas off than the other way around. I think this is the fourth straight New Year's Eve where either her or I were working. Which is OK. Not much of a New Year's kind of guy any way. Never really have been.

Comment

I was kind of looking forward to a quiet New Years at home. Bought all the stuff for some traditional Russian party food and even got a live hook up to Russian TV, but we just got a call from DH's co-worker if we want to go over to their place and DH really wants to go. He said we can bring the food with us, but I doubt they'll appreciate tacky Russian music. Oh, well, hopefully I'll be able to watch reruns tomorrow.

Comment

I've had the flu for the past 2 days. I haven't even felt well enough to be online. This sucks!

I don't think I'll make it to midnight tonight!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That sucks Alison. I sure hope you feel better soon, in time for a new year.

We have no plans. I wanted to do First Night. Dh is uninterested. So it will be a regular night around here.

Comment

My brother and DH's brother are out buying groceries to make some fancy lobster dinner. After 2 weeks of entertaining 4 guests (my parents just left today) I am very glad that they are both shopping and cooking!
                        Hopefully DH will be home in time for a late dinner.
                        If I can stay awake til midnight I will be very surprised.

Comment

Working...
                        X