Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Winter boredom buster....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter boredom buster....

guacamole, salsa, and chips

Who do you think should be the next president?

Comment

Hillary Clinton, and I think she should get Oprah to be her running mate. Just because Barack Obama says he gets her. Either way...

You are infinitely wealthy and money is no object, but if you could have any job in the world and you HAD to work for some hypothetical reason, what would it be and why?
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Ack cross-posted:

I am emotional like my parents. I think I am more loving and empathetic than they are.

My question again.

You are infinitely wealthy and money is no object, but if you could have any job in the world and you HAD to work for some hypothetical reason, what would it be and why?
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
          Ack cross-posted:
          The government would see the error of its ways and somehow hire a group of people to come in and "fix" each individual school in our country. I would be the CEO so to speak and it would be my job to understand what the money, curriculum, logistics, etc. people are suggesting for each school and present it to the administrators. THEN the school would get 50% of the money to make these changes and have to raise the rest.

Eventually it would become a contest to "need less help" from our group and schools would be proactive in making changes before we got to them.

It's a pipedream, but I would really enjoy it. I'd even have a crew of people to evaluate teachers and in some cases, give notice to a few that "their time is done" kids deserve better than someone doing time behind a desk until retirement.

If you had Gates' billions, name three charities or causes would you give money to.

(Edited to add Billions instead of Millions. )
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

If you had Gates' billions, name three charities or causes would you give money to.
            Well, after I made a substantial donation to the Kris foundation :> I would donate to the iMSN (no, really), and then create a foundation that provides affordable healthcare as a non-profit....I might also donate to St. Judes....

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
              I wish I could just let things go. Even when I know I was truly in the right and that people just suk...I still waste way too much time trying to understand butt-heads. I know better but the thoughts creep in my mind as if understanding their bad behavior will make it better. Silly I know...need to just let it goooooooo.

Ok - my question...I know for some it will be a long reach...

what is the best thing about your SOs med school/residency/fellowship program/practice (pick th eone that applies).
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

sorry - cross post.

I am reading the other boylen girl ( i know I have misspeleld it)
                My Q is the one above.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

The best thing about DH's residency is that he gets 3 weeks vacation and 5 days off at Christmas or New Years.

What is your bedtime?
                  Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                    9 pm.

What time do you get up?
                    I am usually up at 6 am on weekdays. We stuck a digital clock in Caleb's room recently with a strict reminder that the first number must be a 7 or bigger before he can wake us up on the weekends.

What was your favorite game as a kid?
                    Kris

Comment

Imagine his hell if you guys become super close now?
                      Carnival game--Whack-A-Mole. There is something so satisfying in beating the hell out of a little rodent.
                      Imaginary game--I was "Sandy" in Grease.
                      Traditional Game--Rummy 500. I was card shark prodigy.

What is your most irrational fear?

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Aren't all my fears irrational? Hmm...probably having myself, DH, or DS getting some life-threatening illness or injury.

What did you eat for breakfast today?
                        Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

A piece of wheat toast w/ some peanut butter and half a grapefruit w/ a tsp. of sugar, a cup of coffee (and by cup-I mean a 4 cup Starbucks Mug) w/ some milk.

Yummy!

What is your favorite snack?

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite
                            1st Year, out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Indy and then home to sit and talk on the deck of the sweet llittle house we rented. I was about 7 months pregnant.

What has been your favorite vacation?
                            Five months after DS was born, my DH interviewed for residency at Yale. He flew up a couple of days ahead, to spend one day in the OR with them or something. Totally last minute, my parents were able to watch DS, and I got to surprise DH and hang out with him. Is New Haven most people's idea of a fun vacation? No. But, it was such a good time for us. We were living in Dallas at the time, so we got to see a real winter in Connecticut. Plus, we stayed at a nice hotel and ate Middle Eastern food (apparently, big Middle Eastern community there?) every meal--my favorite food. And it was SO nice to have some grown-up time away from DS...but we were gone for just a few days. It was so much fun. I really wanted him to match at Yale!

What did your dress to the junior or senior prom look like? Be DESCRIPTIVE and honest! Emerald green satin dress with an unflattering waistline circa 1987 and big, puffy sleeves? Or worse...?

Comment

What did your dress to the junior or senior prom look like? Be DESCRIPTIVE and honest! Emerald green satin dress with an unflattering waistline circa 1987 and big, puffy sleeves? Or worse...?
                              Didn't go- in an amazing moment of Girl Power, since one of our group wasn't invited, none of us went. We went to Melon Ball shooter night at a bar called Whispers in DC, in what was then known as the Herpes Triangle.

It was a good night, as I recall.

J.

Comment

I also didn't go to either of the proms (none of the cool kids did). Can someone who did answer that question and post the next one, so we can keep going? This thread is fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X