Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts

In Chicago, there was an informal poll that found out that... 68% of people prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee to Starbucks (32%). Really?!

What about you? I would take Starbucks ANY DAY over Dunkin Donuts, and it's not just because I'm from Seattle. Or is it? Seriously though, Dunkin Donuts?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts

I love Dunkin' Donuts' coffee. (and their Bavarian Cream's aren't bad either! )

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I prefer Dunkin Donuts (and just about everyone else) to Starbucks. Starbucks just tastes so bitter to me. :huh: But....I usually end up at Starbucks since they have a drive-thru. :guilty:

Comment

For straight up black coffee, Dunkin' Donuts is the real deal. For fancy stuff, Starbucks.

Actually, Jupiter Java, a mere half block from my house, is my preferred choice. I'm all about the local people.

Jenn

Comment

I loathe coffee. But DH loves it and his favorite is Dunkin' Donuts. There weren't any near us in Houston so he even signed up on their website to have it mailed to our house at regular intervals. They just built a 24 hr one near the hospital and he is in heaven.
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

For a plain cup of coffee, I prefer Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks has such a sharp aftertaste. Like Kris, I agree with Starbucks for the fancy treat
            yourself coffee drinks.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yup, Julia, they lap the stuff up here.

They're HUGE on fast food chains here.

Comment

I love Starbucks. No surprise I'm sure.
                Coffee at a fast food place? Um, no thanks. When we were looking for jobs we looked in Maine briefly and the selling point for one town was a Duncan Donuts. I kid you not. :huh:

They have a chain called "Caribou Coffee here" -- which is basically a rustic Starbucks except they are slower and IMO the coffee isn't as good. Picture knotty pine chairs and a few pictures of moose and bear....really I feel right at home.

I'm a Starbucks girl for sure.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Starbucks! when I'm feeling really skinny I treat myself to a Grande White cafe mocha for 600+ kcal of deliciousness

Comment

Definitely Starbucks. Dunkin Donuts tastes too watery to me, I need that hit-over-the-head-eye-opener effect of Starbucks. Even when I get their beans at the supermarket, I buy the darkest roast. I got hooked years ago in college (it was the only coffee at all the places on campus) and haven't been able to shake it off since. It also helps that in NY there are 3 Starbucks on every block (in Midtown many are in the lobby, and not seen from the street).

There's no Starbucks by my work but the local place a block away isn't bad and cheaper.

Comment

I always refer to Dunkin Donuts as the "gateway coffee". It's mild in flavor and they add about 3 TBSP each of cream and sugar. It's a good beginner, everyday coffee. Honestly, Dunkin Donuts is one of the things I miss about Chicago!

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                        I love Starbucks. No surprise I'm sure.
                        Coffee at a fast food place? Um, no thanks. When we were looking for jobs we looked in Maine briefly and the selling point for one town was a Duncan Donuts. I kid you not. :huh:

They have a chain called "Caribou Coffee here" -- which is basically a rustic Starbucks except they are slower and IMO the coffee isn't as good. Picture knotty pine chairs and a few pictures of moose and bear....really I feel right at home.

I'm a Starbucks girl for sure.
                        Dunkin, Flynn, not Duncan!

I love Starbucks coffee - we buy their espresso beans for our machine. There's a cafe in Seattle that I actually love EVEN MORE, and we buy espresso and bring it to Chicago whenever we can. Not a chain.

Comment

I've never had DD put I prefer Caribou over Starbucks.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ummmmm, are we talking about coffee here???? Why mention a donut place?

(Seattle elitist coffee drinker coming through...)

I've been raised on real coffee- but not allowed to partake until I could afford my own beans!

When looking at potential houses, I check the "proximity to Starbucks" marker.

And at home I use a French Press with the darkest bean possible.

I roll my eyes and gag internally when people ask me if they want me to grind my beans! No--- give me my beans... Now...

That being said, I'll also drink Seattle's Best Coffee and occassionally the local bean roaster-- as long as I'm within about 100 miles of the I-5 corridor in a fairly populated area.

ETA: I was not raised in Seattle, but I have enough Seattle relatives and Starbucks is a huge deal in my little hometown which sees itself as some sort of culural mecca within Eastern Washington (that is, when the winery people have their way...) The Starbucks/Seattle elitist coffee drinker sentiment is alive and well in my parents' house!!!
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Peggy, you should try the beans that they use at B&O Espresso in Seattle. Let me go look to see what they're called.

We grind our own beans too.

Where in Eastern Washington are you from?

ETA: Cascade Coffee supplies the beans for B&O. It's a bit more bold than Starbucks. Not bitter at all though.

Comment

Working...
                              X