Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So how bad is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how bad is it?

I just paid $3.19 per gallon for the cheap stuff (87). I know we have relatively inexpensive gas in Texas, so how bad is out there?

Man, was I glad to see I got 33mpg. I feel sorry for you SUV/minivan mamas and papas.

Jenn

Re: So how bad is it?

Looks like $3.04 at the nearest Circle K. I probably get about 22 mpg in my Subaru, but we can get almost everything we need within a few miles radius so I only gas up once a month or so.
    Alison

Comment

but, yesterday i shopped at foodland and when you buy certain things, the store credits you a penny to six cents per item. so, afterwards i got gas for 3.16/gallon.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

$3.13 today. And nothing, I mean NOTHING, is "right around us". I have to gas up at least 1x/week.

Comment

I honestly try not to look anymore. It's kind of like that five month pregnancy weigh in. Why bother getting all upset about numbers you can't really control? :huh:

but in a similar vein, my grocery bill is un-freakin' believable lately. $194 AND this was with almost $40 in coupons. (I hadn't been to the store in two weeks, but still, this is crazy. We're not eating filet mignon or anything. )

But there is no recession or inflation or anything. It's just all media hype.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We're at 3.09, I think it was $3.49 to fill up the rental car in San Diego this weekend.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

$3.49 here. I haven't seen it at $3.04 in a long time, you lucky ducks!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I filled up at 1:30 this morning (baby wouldn't sleep so I decided to multi-task). It was 3.09 a gallon for 22 gallons (I think it's 22). I could buy a cute pair of shoes on sale at Macy's for every fill-up. And I only get 12.4 mpg in my '01 Expedition.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I just paid $3.35. I either got close to or passed $60. The bad news is that I get around 17 or 18mpg. The good news is that the so-so mpg is mostly local driving and little to now highway driving. I fill up every 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Today, $2.97 / gallon for regular!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Today, $2.97 / gallon for regular!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We try to fill up in Jersey as much as possible (which sometimes results on driving with the light on at 3am looking for an open station, but I digress). In PA it's about $3.10-$3.17 for the cheap stuff.

Mapquest.com now has a feature that shows nearby gas stations and prices by zip code.

Comment

We're about 3.20 per gallon. I don't have to fill up often (my tank hold 40 gallons! ) but it hurts when I do fill up!

DH has to fill up all the time. We spend so much on gas.
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Are any of you trying to change your driving habits in light of the high gas prices?

We traded in our Jeep (it was getting max. 12 mpg in horrendous Chicago traffic) and got a Toyota Matrix instead. It's a AWD, so it eats a bit more gas, but we're getting around 20 mpg now.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

It's 3.19 here.

Why haven't the dems mashed this button more? Geesh, somebody talk about it! I don't want 3.19 to become the norm...the price we want to get back to from 4.00. I would be happy if we could get back to 2.something.

Alison, I've been thinking of switching to something smaller. I guess now I'm moving into the serious consideration stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X