Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So how bad is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So how bad is it?

No WAY! I mean, of course the G-town gas stations charge a lot more than the 'hood gas stations but MAN.

Crazy.

Jenn

Comment

3.44 on my side of town today.
      Needs

Comment

Originally posted by tlew12778
        We pay anywhere btwn $8-9 a gallon. And actually we are fortunate that the dollar is so weak right now. Otherwise I guess we'd be paying more like $10 a gallon.
        This is why my in-laws won't pick us up from the airport when we fly to Germany.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I found gas for 3.15/gallon today. Most other stations I saw were 3.29.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by alison
            We pay anywhere btwn $8-9 a gallon. And actually we are fortunate that the dollar is so weak right now. Otherwise I guess we'd be paying more like $10 a gallon.
            This is why my in-laws won't pick us up from the airport when we fly to Germany.
            My MIL won't pick us up either (she even flipped out last time we had to be dropped off bc we missed the airport express train and we drove OUR car using gas that WE paid for ). But I honestly don't think we spend more on gas than most other people. I mean, we use the car less. We spend less than $300/month in gas btwn the car, the scooter and the motorcycle. I think my sister (who lives in MA and drives an SUV) spends more in 2 weeks.

Comment

At Costco it is $2.98, every where else it is $3.10-$3.35.
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I was thrilled to find $3.10 today.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                  It's 3.19 here.

Why haven't the dems mashed this button more? Geesh, somebody talk about it! I don't want 3.19 to become the norm...the price we want to get back to from 4.00. I would be happy if we could get back to 2.something.

If they do they will paint themselves into a corner in case a Democrat is president and gas prices do what they did with another infamous Democrat (ie Jimmy Carter).

It's safest for every politician to just blame somebody else and not really claim that they can drop the prices.
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

My MIL won't pick us up either (she even flipped out last time we had to be dropped off bc we missed the airport express train and we drove OUR car using gas that WE paid for ). But I honestly don't think we spend more on gas than most other people. I mean, we use the car less. We spend less than $300/month in gas btwn the car, the scooter and the motorcycle. I think my sister (who lives in MA and drives an SUV) spends more in 2 weeks.
                    !!!!

I live in MA and I don't spend NEARLY close to $300/month in gas! And, I drive a big minivan chock full of kiddos in an area with no public transportation (as opposed to Boston where the train stop was just down the road from my house there).

I probably spend between $150 and $200 in gas every month living here in MA.

Comment

And, to answer a question somebody posed: Have we changed any habits because of gas prices? The answer is, largely, no.

I still take my children to the library. We still go to church on Sundays. I still head out to the grocery store once a week or so. I still go to the doctor's office and visit dh at the hospital occasionally for lunch. I still run errands. About every other week I have to run up to Boston for something or other.

Nothing has changed.

But, I do expect gas prices to get much, much worse in the next few years.

What kills me is we already HAVE a clean, efficient source of fuel: nuclear power. It's just the hippies a few decades ago (and, today ) had fits about it. Kind of short-sighted. No, we cannot power cars with nuclear energy. However, most of the fuel we use is for electricity for businesses and homes. We, as a nation, would use substantially less oil if we had nuclear power plants supplying the bulk of our electrical power needs.

Comment

Really? Every time I am at her place she is filling up it seems like. She has 7 kids but one is in college now (in Boston so she takes the T everywhere) and another one is driving himself around now. But the other 5 are still young and have like a hundred after school things to get to. Plus she goes down to NY to see my parents pretty frequently and I think that my BIL works like an hour away . So for sure btwn the two cars they spend at least $300 a month. I was speaking on a family level, not an individual vehicle level.

That said, I know that she tries not to drive the SUV when she has the choice.

I think that the gas prices will get worse for US dollar based countries when and if OPEC decides to change to euros.

Comment

Working...
                        X