Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Official Watchadoin? thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Watchadoin? thread.

I have to figure out how to make a poodle skirt by Friday for a Daddy/daughter 50's themed dance when I can't sew and don't have a sewing machine.

not to hijack this thread, but you could do this by getting a round table clothe (like one for an end table), figure out how much room she needs for a waist, cut a circle in the middle where her waist needs to fit. Then cut a straight line from the inside whole you just cut to the outside edge. So that is where it would wrap around her. Get some Steam a Seam from Wal-Mart, JoAnns, Hancocks or the like and use it to hem with. It's how to hem w/out sewing. So you would use it for the area around the waist where you cut the circle, and the straight line down (which is the back side of the skirt). Then get velco from the above places that will stick on, again you don't have to sew it either. Wal-Mart has a lot of patches that you can stick on that could have a poodle. Or you could get the felt in the sewing/craft area that is sticky backed and cut out a poodle and stick it on. Or you can get fabric, cut out your design and pick up some Wonder Under that will adhear the fabric to the skirt just by ironing.

What you need:

table clothe
    Steam a Seam
    Velco (make sure it's the kind that you don't sew)
    Either: patch, or felt backed w/sticky , or fabric to make the poodle

if you get the fabric, buy Wonder Under to stick it together.

If you do this I suggest you do one X stitch in the middle of the velcro with just a needle and thread to make sure it doesn't pop off while she is running around, and wala you are done!

Have fun, and if you don't use this maybe someone else can!

Comment

We're in the end of the year mad dash: parties, graduations, picnics, etcetera. Mostly I'm trying to figure out how to get the kids in bed before ten because they think that it is still play time when the sun is out. I'm kind of bowled over lately by how big my kids are getting. DS is in his last day of being a second rader. I really enjoy this age and I'm a little apprehensive about what is around the corner. Between the stories on this board and the kids in the neighborhood who are just a few years older, I'm quite happy that he is solidly still in a boyhood stage.

DD is getting huge. I'm so glad that I took this year with her. I just can't believe it is over already.

We're off for Arizona next week and I'm going to meet PinkPickles! DH and I really, really, really need to spend some time together. This fellowship is dragging on.

We plan to spend some time at my parents' cabin in TN this summer for some swimming, skiing, and hiking. I love the pace of life at the cabin. I'm looking forward to it.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We've been busy. This rotation has been much more intensive than we had anticipated. Because we've decided to try for #2, I had to stop taking my meds for RLS - I never realized how poorly I slept before I started taking it. I am exhausted every day and I'm not even pregnant yet!

Knitting has fallen by the wayside and so has my sewing. The next 2 weeks at work will be rough because there is mandatory 10 hour days because we are implementing a new business system. Ugh.

I am hoping that it all goes smoothly because on top of everything else, our neighborhood rummage sale is June 7th and I have a pile of stuff to start sorting through. We were going to do one last summer but ran out of time, so there is a pile of stuff in a corner of the basement, but I want to be ruthless and get rid of so much more. I just don't want to move it next summer.
        Kris

Comment

nothing really. still babysitting....still a stay at home mom. still the bitchy prozac needing wife i have always been. still hating dh's job...still browsing real estate and looking for the perfect location. im quite pissy, actually.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Cheerleading DH through his last month of wards.
            Trying (with some success) to get the baby to take a nap during the day!
            Spending lots of time browsing Craigslist looking at places to rent in LA.
            Cursing the heat/rejoicing at the clouds - today it is the latter, woohoo!

Comment

We enjoyed some much needed sun and warmth over the last weekend. Our community pool opens this weekend and I'm hoping for warm weather again.

We are wrapping up school, finalizing summer plans, etc. We moved MIL two weeks ago and I think we are all done with that. Moving her made us realize what a half-ass job the last place was doing and we are feeling pretty frustrated about it. The new home is good, wonderful woman who takes care of a few ladies, and should be a long term place for her.

We are constantly entertained by kittens.

We've had some seasonal allergies, a cold, and an eczema flare going on here. Argh. Last night I had a glass of wine with DH around 9pm (and by glass I do mean a 4-5 oz pour not one huge glass!). TenE was up for an hour and a half last night. That little bit of wine late in the evening and lost sleep makes for a grumpy ill-feeling mommy today. I feel old.

Comment

Not much going here. E & J are in CA fishing/camping. J caught a 4.5lb trout all by himself! It is snowing where they are today though, so they might pack it in and head back to FIL's house in NV a day early. We set up the baby stuff before they left (co-sleeper, swing) and my bag is pretty much packed. Not that you really need much IMO. My c-section is 2 weeks from Friday. I am starting to get more excited than anxious. Still very anxious, you just want everything to go well. E starts ortho on Monday and I am so glad that he will be on their service when the baby comes because they are so great about taking care of their people. They gave him the weekend of my section/birth off so that he can be with me and the kids and even asked if there were other weekends in June that he needed to be relieved from rounding or call. J finishes school next Thursday and my MIL and favorite FIL come into town for the birth on the following Wed. Just counting down the days. I hope the weather stays "mild" so I don't have to be too miserable the next couple of weeks. I feel like my hips are going to fall off. We think if I make it to 39 weeks, he'll probably be 9lbs or so. A was born at 38 weeks and was 8/12. We will see. Hope everyone stays cool and sane for the summer. I am sure Jenn or Julie will let you guys know when McBaby makes his grand entrance.

Comment

Weekend before last we were at a wedding in Missouri. This weekend (through yesterday) was spent sightseeing in DC. DH is on vacation still through Sunday, then a few days of work, then he's on research month for June! Whoo! June 6 we leave for Texas for my grandmother's burial.

Eddy is 19 months tomorrow and a handful, but loads of fun. He's suffering the ravages of jet lag today, sigh.

We missed the record-setting 110 degree heat I guess (sorry, Suzanne and Kirsty!) but even though it's cool today, it's only going to continue with the heat from here on out – we're not thrilled and of course I need to figure out how to keep an active toddler adequately exercised when it's too hot to go outside after about 9am!
                  Alison

Comment

Looking forwards to my last relaxing weekend for a while. I will be traveling every other weekend for the next 5 months, all for weddings and wedding based events ranging from wisconsin to london. I have officially hit the wave of engagements and marriages amongst my friends.

Besides that work, work, work, nothing exciting. DH is on the first rotation of the field he wants to go into. He is pretty intense at the moment, so trying to be supportive.

Trying new recipes in my free time...I love summer recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                      My DH snarkily interjected, "Oh, geez. What poor young hapless girl was drowned or raped THIS time?"
                      Hmm. I kinda had an equally sensitive first reaction. Naturally, I felt awful when I heard what had happened to him.

Not much and yet a ton going on here. Year end rehearsals and recitals and competitions, gardening, spring cleaning, job perusing top the list. I'm tired.

Comment

I TOLD you all it's been crazy here:

From the SA Express-News:
                        A woman was extricated from a sedan this morning after her car was struck by a train that carried the car about a block along the tracks.

The incident occurred at about 9 a.m in the 3000 block of Interstate 10 near Kings Highway at a railroad crossing that has no lights or signal arms to alert motorists to an oncoming train.

"Apparently the train pushed her car north along the tracks before it fell into a ditch," said Jeffrey Mahan, San Antonio Fire Department engineer.

When rescuers pulled the woman from the vehicle in the ditch she was conscious and talking to them.

"She had some memory loss and complained of pain in left side, but seemed OK," Mahan said.

The woman was transported to a local hospital. Her condition is unknown at this time.
                        Why is this interesting? She's a staff person and it happened in front of our building. She's in surgery but apparently will be fine. and it was Substance Abuse staff who attended to her first, as that's our side of the building.

Yikes!

Jenn

Comment

Crazy times. I have been so busy watching other people's children and job hunting for dh and looking at contracts and a lot of time has been devoted to:

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Cool pics, Heidi!

I just wrapped up the semester - it's not a fun time of the year. The worst is dealing with students who want to contest their grades.

I took on some freelance translation work and have taken on some more tutoring jobs.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The temperature here has gone up and people's IQs have gone way down which is the opening of trauma season. Dh had 4 motorcycle accidents back to back, which was 4 tibia fractures. One of them- a pastor, who weighed 300 lbs., went to his parishoner's home asked if he wanted to ride the motorcycle with him. They crashed and both ended up with broken legs. Also dh has taken over scheduling for the group. This means will have a schedule more than the week before the new month starts.

So other than trying to hold down the fort, Emma graduates from K next week. Brigham is enrolled for K next year. Lorien is crawling, and getting into everything. Reed is still tenacious Reed, who stirs mischief.
                              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Where to start..... We now have (yes count them!) 3 weeks left of MS3! I can't freakin' believe it's almost over. I'm still trying to get DH's 4th year schedule set up. It's been a lot of hard work, rejections, lack of support from his school, and frustration. I was able to get one rotation set up in Dallas <sigh> just 7 more rotations needed.

I'm still sticking to my dieting plan that I started last fall. All is going well with that. Losing weight is a very strange process for me. It's constant physical self evaluation that I'm not use to. Regardless... I'm not stopping now!

Life in England is starting to get interesting again. We just got back from Prague. I fell in love with another city! DH's cousin is arriving on Thursday. The three of us are heading to Paris for 5 days next week. There should be loads of travel around London as well. I'm trying to map out our final two week tour of Europe after the last rotation is over and before we leave for the US. I'm still in amazement that we have the opportunity to be over here and that I'm finally fulfilling a life long dream of living and traveling around Europe. I don't get to say this very often (so bare with me) but I'm literally making life long memories right now.
                                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                                X