Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:arrow: My name is Sarah and I'm living in Westchester, NY
    :arrow: I'm working as an admission counselor for a college in my area...and loving it!!
    :arrow: My boyfriend is a first year student at NY Medical College

I was wondering if anyone else is in the area...I'm always up for meeting new people. We are somewhat new to the area and new friends who have similar lives are always nice!

Comment

Dures,

Thanks for the welcome. It's been crazy at work and I didn't see your post until today . My FH has been actively interviewing for about 2 months now and will be through end of January. I'm trying to get him more involved in the wedding planning to take his mind off the match. He has a bad habit of walking around the apt chanting "I'm not gonna match, I'm not gonna match..."

We're really hoping to stay in NYC (subsidized housing RULES!), but we'll see what happens (he applied to over 20 programs).

Comment

Hello... I'm Carey... my partner is a Peds Intern in Sacramento, CA.

I just took a new position... it actually ties into this forum in a sense! I will be working for the UC Davis Family & Community Medicine Department as their Program Recruiter. I am very excited about it! I get to take all the medical school/residency stuff I've learned in the past year and actually apply it to something!!

Carey

Comment

Residency Program Recruiter

Very COOL, Carey!!!! How did you get involved in the recruiting area? It sounds very interesting.

You'll have to post the 'help' resources for UC Davis (I'm so pushy

Congratulations on the new job :!: :!: :!:

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well, I have been in management for about 7 yrs. now and I made it a point to learn whatever I could about recruiting, hiring, training, etc. I've done HR work and I also have sales & marketing experience.

I knew that when we moved out to California, that I wanted to work for the university... you just can't beat the benefits! I got my foot in the door with my current position and then kept checking the employment website for something more along the lines of what I wanted to do.

Also, I really learned so much when my partner was in the process of applying for residency positions... I just took everything I learned and plunked it down on my resume! I know about ERAS and the NRMP... so why not put that down on paper?? :P

I'm really looking forward to starting on Monday!

Carey

Comment

Carey- congratulations on your new job. It sounds very interesting!!

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Carey,

A big congrats on your new job. Sounds challenging and very rewarding. Let us know how your first day goes.

Dures

Comment

Congrats Carey,
                  Best of luck to you in the new position.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hey Dures -

Just read your post to Sharon about being a humanities major. Check this out - I was a philosophy major. I went from marketing to corporate sales to advertising. Now, I'm a real estate entrepreneur. Kind of crazy, don't you think?

(When I went to interviews, I would always get the question about my major too!)

-Rachel

Comment

Tired&poor- That is neat! Sorry it has taken so long to respond. How are you liking SLC? Their Anes program was Matt's 2nd choice. Has the weather been fairly decent there? We are starting to miss the snow, rain is good for so long. I am ready for some cold fluffy stuff. We are flying there on Sat (12/21) to visit Matt's family in WY- we're going to make the 3 hr drive to his hometown.

Crystal
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Check this out - I was a philosophy major. I went from marketing to corporate sales to advertising.
                        Rachel.

Sounds like a very interesting career path! I've always wanted to go into Advertising, but I didn't think I was witty enough. Now, I'm thinking of going into Marketing to Insitutional Investors. So, I'm sorta following in your footsteps

Dures

Comment

Hey Crystal -

We are flying there on Sat (12/21) to visit Matt's family in WY- we're going to make the 3 hr drive to his hometown.
                          Where in Wyoming are you visiting? My father lives just outside of Jackson, my sister and her family live in Green River (just west of Rock Springs), my brother and his family lives in Casper and I have a nephew at UW in Laramie. Just reading about you going to Wyoming makes me homesick What a small world

Aisha

Comment

Matt lived in Lander, WY. So that is where we are going. I am getting so excited. We haven't told Matt's family yet that I am expecting our second child. Believe me it has been so tough, keeping it a secret the past month. I will be 8 weeks when we tell them at Christmas time.

Crystal
                            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Congrats Crystal,
                              Have a great trip.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Crystal,

Congratulations on your expectancy! What a wonderful Christmas announcement!

We really like SLC. It was my husband's first choice because we were both from the south (TX & FL) and we wanted seasons, snow, and mountains. I hope your flight here tomorrow is uneventful because we're expecting snow showers starting today through Sunday. Hopefully you won't experience too may delays. If you need anything just send me an email and I'll be more than happy to set you up with goodies for the drive.

DH also interviewed in Seattle and really thought it was beautiful but was worried about the high cost of living. I think he would like to keep it as an option though one day. We love seafood!

Congrats again and have a safe trip

Thu Van (pronounced "two von")

Comment

Working...
                                X