Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New rule excludes medical graduates from federal loan deferm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New rule excludes medical graduates from federal loan deferm

Residents can all still put loans into forbearance, but the loans accumulate interest. It's all fancy money magic to me. Like, watch this money disappear. Poof.

Comment

luckily...we are getting our deferment in...unfortunately, we will have about 1.5 years of forebearance though... what ev, could be better, could be worse. I can't think about others better off...we have close to 300k together.... :huh:
      Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

We came in under $150K for dh student loans, but he also didn't have any undergrad loans- he paid for undergrad himself through saving, working during school & summers, and scholarships. Dh attended the Univ. of Colorado.

I do not know what we would have done without the economic hardship forebearance. Dh deferred repayment for all four years of residency. We also were able to defer my loans as well.
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens
          We came in under $150K for dh student loans, but he also didn't have any undergrad loans- he paid for undergrad himself through saving, working during school & summers, and scholarships. Dh attended the Univ. of Colorado.

I do not know what we would have done without the economic hardship forebearance. Dh deferred repayment for all four years of residency. We also were able to defer my loans as well.

except that DH's mom, bless her heart, paid for most of his college. In-state med school tuition, plus the bestest wife ever footing the living expenses and books, less than $150k in loans. Forbearance saved our bacon, especially the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            Originally posted by Amiens

except that DH's mom, bless her heart, paid for most of his college. In-state med school tuition, plus the bestest wife ever footing the living expenses and books, less than $150k in loans. Forbearance saved our bacon, especially the last few years.
            We joke the only reason dh married me was so that he would be granted Colorado resident status, and reduce his tuition from $50,000 a year to $12,000 a year. Univ of Colorado really gets a chunk of change from its out of state students.
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
            X