Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you make the bed(s) every day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you make the bed(s) every day?

I have to make the bed every day within minutes of getting up in the morning. And now that DS#1 is out of his crib and in a bed, I'm making his bed twice a day (once when he wakes up in the morning, and once when he wakes up from his afternoon nap). There have been a few instances where I wished I could just leave the beds unmade, but I just ... couldn't.

What about you? Do you make the bed(s) every day?
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Re: Do you make the bed(s) every day?

Only when I change the sheets! I usually "attempt" to just straighten the comforter a little bit.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I make my bed every day. It just bugs me if I don't and really only takes a minute. It might not be perfect though. DD3 loves to help. I make the kids beds but that consists of just throwing the comforter over the bed. DD1 leaves for school at 7:40 and it is hard enough to get dressed, fed, etc that I don't want to add another thing to slow her down.

Comment

I make ours maybe three times a week. I like the way it looks made but usually cant be bothered to do it. The girls beds are a bone of contention. They are in bunk beds, and both don't sleep with any covers so they crumple them up at the ends of the beds and it would take me forever to make them given they are bunks. Plus both like to sleep with books and toys strewn around them in bed as well. I keep meaning to add that to DD1's daily jobs but I think it would be hard for her too.

So a short answer: no but i wish i did.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Yes, unless I'm rushing out the door for some reason. I don't make the kids' beds b/c they only have small blankets in their cribs.

Comment

Seriously? No offense, but you people are freaks. What's the point of making a bed anyway? I make mine when I know someone critical is going to be looking in my room (almost never), and sometimes when I change the sheets, which is probably way less often than all of you people who probably think I am a disgusting slob, and you probably aren't far off, but if you come visit me, I'll put clean sheets on your bed, and make it too.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

if you come visit me, I'll put clean sheets on your bed, and make it too.
              I want my sheets ironed! Just kidding.

Comment

This is one of the many reasons I love you Heidi!!!!! I promise when you were here I put clean sheets on your bed. There may have been one or two cat or dog hairs, but the sheets were clean!!!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Honestly? No, not when I am a work outside the home mom. When I stayed home, I did make the bed everyday. It just made the room seem tidier and it seemed to inspire me to keep the rest clean.

Now, our bedroom is a sty and I hate it but don't have the energy to do anything about it.
                  Kris

Comment

I actually go in phases on this one, but right now, no.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Dear God no. I'm really with Heidi on this one.

I love the look of a made bed, but don't have enough interest to go out & invest in some to-die-for duvet set that will inspire me to actually make the bed.

Comment

I third Heidi. Our bed doesn't get made....in fact most of the time we don't even pull up the sheet....I just use the comforter.....and it's rarely straight....it's usually at some angle because I'm the only one who covers up....Russ has to have at least his feet and one leg sticking out....Daegan has started asking for covers, so now he gets a little corner of the comforter too...and the sheets don't get changed often. It's probably something I should just add to the cleaning lady's list.....
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

No, unless I have put on clean sheets or we have guests!
                          I am with Heidi. What is the point?

Comment

Nope, I make the guest bed when I change the sheets for guests but we never make our bed. If people are coming over I shut the door!

ETA: Part of the reason I don't make our bed is that DH is 6'4" so the top sheet is NEVER tucked in anyway. We'll be getting a California King when we buy a new bedroom set.
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We used to have a waterbed, so all of our sheets are attached at the bottom (waterbed sheets just come that way, and I've come to really like the fact that the top sheet is always there and oriented correctly) - right now, it's summer, so that's all we have on the bed anyway; the sheets. Sometimes the top sheet gets pulled up semi-tidily. Usually not.
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                              X