Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you make your husband...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you make your husband...

shower when they come home from the hospital?

DH and I are both morning showerers because we need the extra wake-up in the morning. Recently, I've been thinking that he may be coming home with some hitchhikers - the microbial kind!

Do you encourage your SO to shower before bed? Is it even something to be worried about?
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Re: Do you make your husband...

Mine doesn't, never has. :huh:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Garrett only showers at night if he has gone for a run. Otherwise he's a morning showerer.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

DH only showers at night if he was on call/at the hospital all night and unable to take one in the morning.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

He volunteers. The life of a pathology resident is disgusting. Only on certain rotations, though. Other rotations are not disgusting and he's fine. He makes the call, though--I have no idea what he's been up on any given day.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

DH usually works in the yard or runs in the evenings, so he almost always takes a shower at night in addition to the one in the morning. If he doesn't, I don't really think about anything being on his skin. I figure most of his skin is covered by scrubs, and what's not gets scrubbed in & out for surgery.

I do think his scrubs are gross, and I try to wash them in hot water and not mix them with other clothes.

Comment

DH takes a bath at night, however busy he is there is always time for the bath.

When he works nights he takes a shower when he gets home in the morning.

I have always used showering to wake me up but he uses it to help him sleep.

Comment

DH showers every morning. If he showers at night, it's because he's been working out and not related to whatever might be lurking on his skin from a day's work. I don't worry about it.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Rarely. It happened a lot more when he was in medical school. Anytime he sets foot near the dissection lab, yes, he has to shower immediately before touching anything.

Now, I only make him shower before bed if he's really gross. Other than that, no. He showers in the morning to help wake himself up, and so that he can do his hair.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I wish this were in the call room...

Dh and I shower together at night.

Ack, did I just admit to that...?!?!?
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

During residency -- YES depending on how bloody he got during the day.

Now, he has time to shower at the hospital if he has a messy day.

Edited to add: We have a NO SCRUBS policy in our house and have since residency. That helps with the germs IMO.
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

dh is a shower nut. he takes one at night before bed. he say's it relaxes him. (if you worked with the pt population here, you would take one too. )

he has always taken a night shower. when he is on call he takes one at work, and changes all his clothes. when he comes home, he takes another...and right before bed he will rinse off.

i used to be a morning shower person. when the babes started becoming mobile and climbing...and just couldnt sit still in the bathroom or my bedroom anymore...i started taking a shower at night. i refuse to get up before my kids to shower. i only wash my hair every other night...i dry it and flat iron it before i go to bed.

and alison, dh and i shower together some nights too.
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
                          and alison, dh and i shower together some nights too. [/color]
                          It's the best! I love getting my back scrubbed.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

DH showers at night... And sometimes in the morning... and usually whenever he feels grimy...

He's always worried about germs, but so far it's only been bad on the ER rotation last year and he showered/washed hands constantly.

I applaude the co-showerers here for conserving water.
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

DH does not usually shower in the evenings. Maybe once a week, if he is especially gross, grimey, or sweaty. Always, though, he showers in the morning.

We do have the "NO!!! You may NOT lay down on our sheets in your yucky, smelly scrubs!!" rule. I hate the smell of OR soap and it seems to permeate his scrubs. I don't want that scent in our bed!

Comment

Working...
                              X