Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Laundry, cooking, bills etc. in marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laundry, cooking, bills etc. in marriage

Originally posted by NYCHoosier
    My mom hasn't really mastered text messaging yet, though.
    I haven't mastered text messaging and I'm 32!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine
      Originally posted by NYCHoosier
      My mom hasn't really mastered text messaging yet, though.
      Dh and I don't text at all.
      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
        The tallying at the restaurant I find strange and vaguely tacky. The rest of it, not so much. We've also integrated a lot of our stuff piece by piece over time.

I wonder if they each do their own dishes at home.
        Ditto... lol!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine
          I haven't, either. DH tried talking me into getting a Blackberry. Since I can count on one hand how many text messages I have ever sent, I'm sure a Blackberry would be useless to me.

Comment

I don't know how in the world we would have survived residency without text messaging! I loved being able to send DH a question or a msg about what the kids are doing, without feeling like I was interrupting his day. He retrieved the msg when he had time and then called me. Since he's started fellowship we don't tm b/c he's home consistent hours now. (I LOVE IT!)

We don't share email accounts b/c we use them for such different purposes. I know his passwords, and he sometimes asks me to check something for him or forward something to another account. I don't think he remembers my passwords, but it's only b/c he's not interested in seeing what such-and-such old friend from college has to say about her wedding colors, YKWIM?

Comment

See now even if I knew how to text message DH wouldn't have a clue.

Comment

Dh and I txt all the time (I'd be lost without my BBerry!).

My parents and my sisters txt us too. DH's family only has one brother that regularly txts.

Comment

Yes, well the next issue would be that DH's cell phone isn't even on most of the time.

Comment

Text messages cost us $.10 apiece I think. It's the quickest way to get an urgent but non-emergency message to him ("I found our lost cat" was one such) but it's only slightly faster than email, since he can get to a computer a few times on most shifts, and email is free.
                    Alison

Comment

Texting is great! I text DH photos of the baby when he is missing him!

We have separate email accounts but check each others all the time, because ones from family could go to either of us. If I want to send an email that he can't read I do a facebook message instead!

Comment

Texts cost us .20 a piece, unless we buy an exorbitantly priced texting plan, 20 or 30 bucks a month! Ummm, no. I can, however, e-mail and text page dh from my phone for free. We also have instant messenger apps on our phones. We haven't used them yet, though.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Not only did we get through residency without texting, we didn't even have cell phones until his last year.....and only got them then because he was so tired driving home post-call that he would call me, put me on speaker, and I would talk him home......keep him awake for the drive. Even now, DH's phone doesn't work inside his office (which is inside the hospital) because they used thick Indiana limestone to build the exterior walls and signals can't get through. So when he is at work, we are in pager contact only......he calls back if he can, or he doesn't, and I know he is too busy to talk.

DH has no idea how to text, but I text sometimes and my oldest is all over my phone (Blackjack II) texting his friends. I really like being able to get internet on my phone, I have to say! I still haven't figured out how to post from my phone to this site, and I don't know what else to try. I have been able to post stuff on Facebook, and send emails via my work account. Anybody have any ideas?
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Joint email account seems weird. We know passwords to each others but that doesn't bother me. Everyone (including friends, family, co-workers, etc.) know to contact me if they need anything, so everyone calls my cell and emails my account. I cc DH when plans involve him or I'm replying to a mutual friend. I've been wanting to create another gmail account (I'm currently on Yahoo), so that I can sync it to our mac but I'm too lazy to transfer everything from the Yahoo account I've had for about 12 years now.

I text a lot, even to my mom. She knows how to check them but not reply back (DH is on this level too). I was able to expand our plan's texting capabilities for only $5 a month (and that includes checking my email and chatting).

Comment

Working...
                            X