Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hurricane Gustav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurricane Gustav

I'm sorry. I hope it turns out to be just an exercise in caution and that they are back home soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake

I'm sorry. I hope it turns out to be just an exercise in caution and that they are back home soon.
      Me too. I hope it turns out to be just a really weak storm... *crossing fingers and toes*
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        Originally posted by cupcake

Me too. I hope it turns out to be just a really weak storm... *crossing fingers and toes*
        Ditto. Hopefully they are just playing it extra safe after Katrina. It still sounds like a very stressful time for your family Annie. Hope they and our members in the area stay safe

Comment

That sucks Annie. My friend's family is in the Lake Charles area (Sulphur) and they are coming up here. Fiddlegirl's family evacuated from the Baton Rouge/ New Orleans area. I don't think Jindal wants any problems this time around and is being very cautious.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm sorry. I hope everyone and everything will be okay.
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

All hospitals along the Texas coast are preparing to transfer pediatric and infant patients north. Hubby's hospital will be taking a lot if it happens. Hubby and all the other residents at Children's are now on emergency call until it hits. And possibly after.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We're on standby- all of our mental health and substance abuse units are ready to go.

They've already had several busload of people come in.

They're saying now it's a cat4 and will probably go to cat5. Scary. New Orleans will never be able to withstand all that.

Jenn

Comment

The anxiety level is high here. I'm in central LA at my parents' house right now (we were here for Labor Day weekend fun), but will be headed back up to north LA in the a.m. Hopefully the interstate won't be a nightmare..don't know what to expect.

Most of my family in the southern part of the state has evacuated, but my little brother is still in Baton Rouge and my parents are staying put too for now. Praying they will stay safe through the bad weather. We are just waiting to see what happens now...I was trying not to overreact, but it is looking like a very dangerous system. I'll check in again later.

Comment

Wow. I hope that these forecasts are overly cautious and that it doesn't hit land as a cat 3,4 or 5. How much work has been done on repairing and reinforcing the levees?

Fiddlegirl, I hope your family stays safe...and if the roads are bad, stay put for an extra day or two if you can!

Thinking of you,

Kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                    X