Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Season?

We are going to assume a climate, for the purposes of this question, that encompasses the traditional 4 seasons. So, if you live in Florida (go Florida), you shouldn't vote Winter because it's so nice and 70 degrees.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Re: Favorite Season?

My favorite is also fall which for me usually means Sept - hopefully at least Halloween.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yeah, I can`t vote if it`s based on current location. Anything where the temp is below 85 please!

I`m a big fan of fall elsewhere though. Chestnuts and hot chocolate and slow roasted meals and long walks with a crisp chill biting your cheeks!
      Alison

Comment

I voted summer since we really enjoy the heat and hate the winter. I definitely thrive when there's sunshine, and am convinced I suffer from SAD. It shows in my clothes, I wear a pant size in the winter that is 2-3 sizes bigger than my dress size in the summer. I'm more active in the summer and I hibernate in the winter, thus the weight difference.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I like the beginning of all seasons -- snow! warm weather! changing leaves! -- and then the novelty of shoveling, or sweating, or raking mucky leaves wears off. I like fall and spring the best, partly for the significant feeling of change and partly for the temperatures.

Comment

Love winter. As long as I don't have more than two weeks of it.

Jenn

Comment

I need 2 choices! Spring and Fall!! Not-too-hot, not-too-cold - pretty things blooming in spring, pretty colors changing in fall. And here spring and fall are actual SEASON-length, where in Ohio then tend to last a weekend or two. Ohio does have Kansas beat on foliage though ....

Comment

I voted spring, no question. The yellow crocus - first flower of the year - is my favorite.

But I also like the beginnings of any season. The first crispness in the air each fall is intoxicating. And I love football.

Comment

Give me fall. I love a crisp walk into town to the bookstore sniffing the smoke from all the chimneys in the neighborhood. On my return, I curl up by the woodstove and read some tale of murder most foul with a (preferably) British detective. Apple crisp doesn't hurt, either. *sigh*

It's coming soon!!!!!
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                    ...where in Ohio then tend to last a weekend or two. Ohio does have Kansas beat on foliage though ....
                    That's funny, Jenn, I was just trying to remember when last year's fall weekend was so I won't miss it this year.

I would have to say that, here, my favorite season is spring b/c it marks the end of 4 months of SAD-inducing grayness.

Comment

I like fall in Chicago - it's usually in October, for around 3 weeks.

I like Seattle summers. Mild and sunny.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Well, after this thread I went on a mini fall tangent and cooked a full-on Thanksgiving style dinner. Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn & cranberry sauce. I also made some oatmeal raisin cookies -- the cinnamon/clove scent running through my house is divine, and totally invokes fall! Fortunately we had a rainstorm this afternoon, and the temp has dropped at least 15 degrees!

Comment

Crazy pregnant lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                            Well, after this thread I went on a mini fall tangent and cooked a full-on Thanksgiving style dinner. Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn & cranberry sauce. I also made some oatmeal raisin cookies -- the cinnamon/clove scent running through my house is divine, and totally invokes fall! Fortunately we had a rainstorm this afternoon, and the temp has dropped at least 15 degrees!
                            That's awesome!!! I am big Fall fan. Love the crisp cool weather and the holidays that come along with it....Turkey Day!
                            Danielle
                            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Summer baby! Let's stay up all night, sleep in late, swim, read, and play outside in the water and woods.

I'm cool with Spring and Fall.

Winter is good for reading and snuggling. I'd like about a month of winter with enough snow to get in some sledding and snowboarding.

Still, I'm all about summer loving, which made Minnesota particulary excruciating for me.

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X