Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So Scary it's Funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Scary it's Funny

Yesterday on the way to work on his bicycle, my husband was hit by a car. and not just hit by a car, hit by a car with enough force that he bounced off the hood and his bike is now in three pieces. (he says that in all seriousness, his paratrooper training kicked in and he basically just rolled up into a ball & bounced off the hood)

He's fine, the bike is destroyed.

He didn't bother telling me until he called me at work yesterday evening to ask me to come get him (I was soooo mad but I kind of 'get' why he didn't. He knew I'd freak and worry and he really is fine. His boss made him go to the ER and get completely checked out. He did say that the ER docs neurological exam was somewhat lacking...)

So, that's my news of the day.

Jenn

Re: So Scary it's Funny

OMG. I don't usually even use that phrase, but that is the essence of my reaction. I'm so glad he is OK!!!

We had a biology prof killed commuting on his bike here a few weeks ago.l He has been doing it for years and did nothing wrong. It has been all over the news. Very scary. Hugs to you both. Tell him to be careful! Now that we've got him back from Iraq, it would be nice to keep him in one piece!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I am so glad he is okay. Does the driver's insurance comp you a new bike?

Holy shit. That is some scary stuff.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm so glad he's ok!!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Poor bike! So glad Rick is OK. Hope he called the cops and got the person`s insurance info, you guys should recover every last penny for medical and to replace the bike.
          Alison

Comment

There aren't any medical costs but the bike was $1500!

j.

Comment

What a stud!!!! He's amazing!
              Thank God he's OK!!!
              Sorry about the bike

ITA w/Alison

Comment

Wow. I'm so glad he's OK!!
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

OMG is right, bike car accidents are so scary. I'm thrilled that he is ok and I agree that driver better be buying him a new bike. They're expensive!
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oh-my Jenn!! THAT is my biggest nightmare come true. DH is a cyclist and I worry every time he heads out. I am sooooooooo glad Rick is ok. Texas is so not a cycling friendly state...not even Austin!! Can I say how glad I am that the bike is all that suffered long term damage? Again, so happy that Rick is ok.

As DH's lic plate says...Share the road Y'all!!
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Scary stuff, Jenn! I'm glad he is ok. Absolutely, that driver owes him a new bike. Did the driver stop?

Comment

How scary, I'm glad he is okay! How hard to you have to hit the bike to break into pieces?
                        Kris

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS!! I hope he is 100% OK!!

Comment

Wow!

I'm glad he's okay, what happened with the driver?
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

The driver understandably freaked out. She stopped and assisted as much as she could in the midst of her freaking out. It was right in front of a mega church so there were lots of people there to help. One of the church people took my husband to work in the big church van, which I thought was very nice.

Our insurance is going to cover it- but we have a big deductable.

Suck

and of course, I immediately brought up the motorcycle thing. and he said he knew that would be the first thing i mentioned. (it actually was number 3 after 1) are you ok and 2) you asshole, why didn't you call me this morning)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X