Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A new classic request from PETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A new classic request from PETA

Originally posted by Amiens
    Just think on the what's your occupation blank on applications, you could write lactator. Can you imagine the looks you would get with that one?
    Yes, they would be involuntary darting looks at your boobs.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Well, on one hand they manage to create quite a bit of public interest by making this ridiculous proposal, but on the other hand they also make themselves look like insane fundamentalists. Although it's unclear to me whether the outcome on the whole is positive or negative, I'd still regard it as an interesting use of viral marketing.

Comment

I can't (don't want to) believe it's true. PETA has never been on my short list of organizations I support ... but this is just .... .

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
          People aren't seeing this the way PETA wants them to.
          See, I was thinking they WANTED people to go, "Eyew gross, but breastmilk comes out of a living breast! Oh, wait, cow's milk comes out of a living teat too, that's almost AS GROSS!"

I agree that it's lame and sucks on many levels. Nutjobs.
          Alison

Comment

Regarding donating milk, there are some other places like milkshare.org that hook up donors/recipients but it's completely on your own...no regulation/no screening etc. (There isn't a close milk bank to us....but there are a few that take out of state donations after you go through the screening process....it was a decent commitment when I looked into it...more than I was ready to take on.)

Since I donated a bunch of milk after Daegan came out of the NICU, I wanted to claim "being a dairy" as a tax exemption. After pumping and all, I could relate to those cows we cared for in vet school!!
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele

Since I donated a bunch of milk after Daegan came out of the NICU, I wanted to claim "being a dairy" as a tax exemption. After pumping and all, I could relate to those cows we cared for in vet school!!

That is awesome Michele.

Comment

Working...
              X