Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Raise your hands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raise your hands...

Landline (bundled with TV/Internet) here too...small children, alarm system, etc...and a penchant for using a rotary style phone.

Comment

Originally posted by gmdcblack
      Landline (bundled with TV/Internet) here too...small children, alarm system, etc...and a penchant for using a rotary style phone.
      Some of my students (high school) don't even know what a rotary phone is. I tried explaining the original area code scheme to them (more frequently dialed codes got the easier to dial numbers, e.g. 212, 312, 213, while infrequent got harder e.g. 808) and they looked at me like I was from Mars.
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

We have a landline. We didn't have one at first but when I was pregnant with DD1 and we were 6 hours from our closest relatives my MIL insisted we get one so I could call 911 in case I had an emergency while DH was at school. Now we keep it because we need it for internet. We pay about $40 a month for local calling and internet. DH and I share a cell phone that is on a family plan with my mom, sister and brother. My mom still pays for our cell phones

Comment

I tried explaining the original area code scheme to them
          That is your problem, verbal communication...if you had just IM'd them or texted them, I am sure that they would have understood! (says the guy who is too cheap-and technology challenged-to change his cell plan to include texting)

Comment

Originally posted by gmdcblack
            I tried explaining the original area code scheme to them
            That is your problem, verbal communication...if you had just IM'd them or texted them, I am sure that they would have understood!
            OK...if somebody would just explain to me what "texting" is...
            I think it's got something to do with facebook, right? Or betamax?
            :P
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

No landline here - we got rid of it when we had three teenagers and all five of us have cellphones connected through a family plan.

I do sometimes miss the old heavy phone receivers - the voices sounded more real to me. If I could find one of those old phones I would probably get a landline again. hone:

I have just learned how to text - I bought a new phone and it had too many gadgets I returned it and asked for a geezer phone and got one with LARGE letters and numbers and it can call and text only and has a 911 button and my mom could even use it.

Comment

We have one now!! We have a landline, cell and a headset if we need VOIP. Thank you hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                X