Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Monday Happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Happens

So I'm sitting here at Caribou and all of the workers are wearing shirts that say "Monday Happens" LOL!

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day out! I weighed in and lost 3 pounds (Yay me!) and then on the way here got stopped by a police officer for "crossing the center line" in town in a construction zone. I don't know what he thought was going on, but when I stopped, I unbuckled my seatbelt to reach back and get my purse with my wallet/driver's license etc. He got to the van and I had no seatbelt on (gaaah) and a 2 year old insurance card. Boohoo. Still...I managed only to get a warning! Phew!

It's going to be a good week...I'm planning on painting the living room and kitchen. Won't Thomas be surprised!

What does everyone else have going on?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Waiting for 1-800-Got-Junk to show up and cart off the Beast (TV), then heading back over to the elementary school to meet w/ the school nurse to review the shot records since the first set are in Russian and they got all wigged out. (I was expecting this and have all of the titer results, too.)

then off to work, then the gym (hopefully) and then I'm planning on starting the painting of the living room.

J/

Comment

Hey...we're going to be painting together!!!!! Before/after pics please!!!

Kris

Comment

I really do need to take some pictures= the mustard colored marbleized (with pink and blue) crown molding really does need to be captured for all eternity.

J.

Comment

Last minute hand delivery of birthday invites for my daughter's birthday party on Saturday , pick up dog from kennel, do laundry and repair house from whirlwind prep for weekend getaway for husband's birthday (this past weekend at race track). Also....prepare power point presentation on parent and student survey results for overly-hyper SRTS grant committee in town. (double ) Oh, and I suppose we need food. Must include that on my errand run. (And, what are you doing online, ANGIE????) I'm leaving in a minute!!

I'm about two days behind on life. By the end of May, I will be a week behind. Two birthdays in the family, annual Girl Scouts camp trip, our town fair with parades down my street/carnival a few blocks away, and all the end of school year stuff. I hate May.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yes, that is must-see stuff!

Comment

I forgot about the marble effect.

DD's preschool is closed today. Not sure how we are going to spend the day, depends on what this rain decides to do. I'm making soup for the preschool teachers for teacher appreciation week, taking it in tomorrow. I would be more appreciative if she had school today.

Comment

Driving to Columbus and back for a 1 hour meeting tomorrow. (Sorry, Cassy. I'll be with my boss the whole time so I cannot schedule a visit.) Then I'll be flying to FL on Friday, returning on Thursday. My head is swimming.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Its a flex day so means no school. All three kids are home. DH started a 7 day work week. We hit the gym, kids are fighting non-stop, DD#2 decided to write on my leather seats with pen. Instead of shopping for shorts and out-to-lunch we headed home so the kids could clean my car. I decided to eat a piece of cake for lunch to celebrate.

Thats just today.
                  Needs

Comment

I am in full procrastination mode. I have an 8 page research paper, 3 page final and 2 page reflection paper that are "technically" due tomorrow. I say technically because he said that we could e-mail him everything on the 8th as well. Well, he didn't say everything, but since I live over an hour from school, he's going to receive everything as attachments. Later deadline = enticement to procrastinate. I am working tonight and it's the end-of-year celebration for my student group. And then tomorrow, I have an interview for a GA position at my grad school. I haven't been on a formal interview in 4 years and I am just a tad bit nervous.
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We just got home from playgroup where A was Ms. Sensitive crying at the drop of a hat so I think she's getting yet ANOTHER tooth. Otherwise we're having our usual week to go with our beautiful weather - there is a chance of rain this afternoon through Wednesday but hopefully it doesn't amount to much.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's my last week in my office! It would almost be easier if I were actually leaving, but since I'm going to telework, I have to keep everything in order electronically and just clear out of the physical space. I still have a lot of work to do too!

I'm mostly done with packing at home, although I'm sure there will still be some more of that to do this week.

And I'm really, really hoping the rain lets up on Wednesday so I can play one more softball game with my team. We are supposed to have had 5 games by now, but 4 of them have been rained out. So I've only gotten to play once.

Anyway, moving madness here.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Let's see - the kids are all up-in-arms because anyone who is home sick texts her friends saying that she has the swine flu. The girls think that the school is conspiring against them so that they all get swine flu. One of our students from last year was killed in a car accident on Sunday morning, so the seniors have been in the chapel all day, and I had to throw together a fitting prayer service with about 3 minutes notice...only 4 more Mondays to go - and then I will be starting ballet again!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Today is a fairly normal day.

At midnight C was up sobbing because his knee hurt. I'm guessing a combination of growing pains and over use. (He wasn't allowed in the house yesterday afternoon - he HAD to play with his friends across the street.) I felt so bad for him. After getting him something for the pain (Tylenol or Motrin - I didn't turn on the light to see) I laid down with him for a few minutes (an hour? who knows?). He continued to have tears trickle down his face because it hurt so much. After a bit, he was finally calming down enough that I could go back to my bed. I just wanted to make sure he was not so scared by the pain.

At 2 (3?) S was up to nurse.

At 4 she was up again - didn't want to nurse, she just wanted to snuggle. Yea! Every time I put her down she cried.

The alarm went off at 5:30 and I started to cry.

I *must* remember that DH is no longer working 100 hours a week and has committed more than just DNA to his children. It is just such a habit to be the one to get up and take care of them. That and my side of the bed is closer to the door.
                            Kris

Comment

Wow my life seems so uneventful and boring: woke up at 6:30, got to work before 8:00; working and then working out... no big plans tonight (other than grocery shopping and cleaning around the apartment).
                              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                              X