Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

This morning's random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before work: one mug's worth- unless it's one of the Starbucks mugs. Then into the car coffee mug goes as much as it will hold. That's done by the time I get to work, usually. At work, at least one in the morning and usually one (HUGE) mug in the afternoon. Interspersed is usually several bottles (I use a water bottle that from a gyn convention that was here so it has some gyne- something medication name on it) of water- sometimes I'll through some crystal light in it, some times not. I'm also a big fan of La Croix sparkling water which comes in cans. I usually take two of those to work, too.

and no, my blood sugar levels are fine, I'm just a thirsty caffeine addict.

Jenn

Comment

I detest the flavor of coffee. I don't even like tiramasu.

Never drink the stuff.

But, I start every morning at work with a can of Coca-Cola!!

Comment

I don't drink coffee or tea either...
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Normally 1 large mug of coffee with flavored creamer (totally fake, but delish). However, this pregnancy has made it impossible to drink coffee due to morning sickness (boo!). I am drinking a glass of iced tea right now though...ahhh...
          Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Now that I don't work 1 big mug of very strong coffee is usually enough to get me through the day. Some days require two. When I used to work (or even temp), I'd need at least 3 cups (big ones) to stay away through the day. 1.5 spoons of real sugar and a splash or two of skim milk in each cup.

Comment

Tara we're Coffee Twins
              I only like the real stuff: 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar.
              I also nuke mine throughout the day.

Comment

Lately I have been having chai tea, half tea and half soy milk. I have 2 mugs a day.
                Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

I’m not a coffee or tea drinker. However, my morning Diet Coke is a must.

Comment

I don't drink coffee or tea, either. I love Coke, but not in the morning, and since I only like Coke with sugar, I have been trying to keep that down to once a week or less. I don't know why I never started drinking coffee.....my mom does, and I love the smell. Who knows?
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3 View Post
                      I don't know why I never started drinking coffee.....my mom does, and I love the smell. Who knows?
                      I am the same way. I love the smell just never developed a taste for it, I guess.

Comment

I try and keep it to one coffee each morning, it is the first thing I do when I get up in the morning. Strong with sugar and soy milk. I just make enough for one cup otherwise I will drink the pot

Comment

We make ten cups for the two of us. Every day.

Jenn

Comment

Mark me down for another cup of tea this afternoon, and a coke at McDonald's. I just can't lift this fog today. Ugh. I'm soooo looking forward to going to bed tonight.
                            -Ladybug

Comment

I make four cups of strong french-pressed coffee every morning and usually get to drink all of it; then I get a redeye (medium coffee + 1 espresso shot) in the early afternoon.

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post

and no, my blood sugar levels are fine, I'm just a thirsty caffeine addict.
                              That describes me too.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                                We make ten cups for the two of us. Every day.

Jenn
                                Is that 10 "cups" as in the markings on the coffee pot, or is that 10 actual mugs?

Most of the time I was growing up, my parents each would drink an average of 10 mugs every day. They've both backed off a *lot* since then, thankfully.

I never acquired a taste for the stuff. I love the way it smells, and I like coffee flavor in things, but I can't drink the stuff straight. I have a weakness for frappuchinos, but the only hot thing I drink at starbucks is hot chocolate.
                                Sandy
                                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                                X