Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

This evening's random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on in-house call but working every day and available by pager. Back in the psych ward this month.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

He's home. 4 more days of classes, then nothing but studying for step1 for a month, then 1.5 weeks off, then research year. I'm fully aware this is the golden time before the schedule gets completely f'd up, and am enjoying it.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Mine wasn't on call - just on shift! A group of five families got together to let the kids play and have dinner together. It was so much fun not be alone with the kiddos all night, but I felt guilty that I needed help from the other mommies as they were able to relax and have their husbands supervise at least one of their kids. I get so tired of being single mom!

Then, because it was pretty busy with five families in one house, I didn't answer DH's phone calls. He was all upset - had a really rough night and was getting held late because of a riot in the local prison. Honestly, I really have no sympathy right now, and was just annoyed that his call interrupted my night. Ugh!
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

DH was off last night, but on call today and tonight. I'm going up there for dinner with him. We have a couple of movies from Netflix, so if the pager is quiet, we're hoping to have a movie night.

(Little note of explanation - during their intern year, they take call by themselves, and don't have to admit patients. They just respond to codes, central lines, etc. So it's possible, although rare, to have a quiet night with not much to do except hang around the resident's lounge.)
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Attending on Call Fri/Sat/Sun here too. In-house all day Saturday and Sunday....but not overnight....then coming home to study for impending ID boards.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Not on call until Wednesday then on-call for a week. Not in house though.

That said, all day today and all day tomorrow he's at work prepping for this presentation he's doing in June.

No change since intern year in other words, except the pay is slightly better.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles View Post
                Not this weekend.
                He didn't get home until almost 9:00 what else is new?
                HE said he was going to have to go back in tomorrow AM to do a case that got bumped due to a cold leg (patient w/a femoral artery blockage) that came into the ER just before his last case.I said "Umm NO! give it to whichever partner is on call!" He did!
                Progress Suz!

Comment

Not on call, no weekend calls in May or June. Please don't throw anything at me either. He still does overnight calls once a week (in house) though.

Comment

In house last night. Slept all day today. Will require nap tomorrow. Part of the routine for an old fart attending.
                    Needs

Comment

Attending here as well, and, you guessed it...on-call for both the ER and his clinics. How many times has he been paged since yesterday afternoon you ask? 8!!!!!
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Tip-toeing in here, because dh (still a stinkin' resident) doesn't have any weekend calls this month... And he's off on Memorial Day.

Hang in there, attending spouses!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                          Tip-toeing in here, because dh (still a stinkin' resident) doesn't have any weekend calls this month... And he's off on Memorial Day.

Hang in there, attending spouses!
                          Alison, doesn't anesthesia rock?

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                            doesn't anesthesia rock?
                            It really does. DH has several more weekend calls, but he's also off Memorial Day, and his internship year has been better than MS3. Next year will suck, but not as bad as other specialties.
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
                              Alison, doesn't anesthesia rock?
                              Yeah, dh is around an awful lot these days. He's got one in-house call and one home call in June. And that's it.
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X